Dennis S, a fissin' story

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Hey Dennis,

I figgered you might enjoy this.

A friend of mine has been taking his boys fishing lately, just bank fishing locally with small trout gear. I mean SMALL trout gear, like #4 hooks and corn and little red wigglers for bait. 6-8 lb line on liddle K-Mart specials.....

Open the first pic :)

The first pic shows the trout that his oldest boy scored, he told him "Enjoy the feeling while you can! You'll probably NEVER get anything that size again from these small ponds....."

So a couple weeks later...... now open the second pic!!!

I know, I know...... salmons and sturgeons and tailwalking steelheads an' all, but you've gotta' admit that almost an hour being tied to THIS thing as the darkness fell is an experience this kid will never forget! Kid figgered the lake blew up when she first hit the surface :D

LOL

al

Attachments

• MemorialDay2009Jesse'sFish006.jpg
    MemorialDay2009Jesse'sFish006.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 544
  • MemorialDay2009Jesse'sFish149.jpg
    MemorialDay2009Jesse'sFish149.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 550
That's neat Al... he will never forget that feeling...

Thanks Al.
When I was a kid. We never had that stuff.
MI has a Lake in every county. But, one.
That is a great story. :)
Wow!!!!

You don't see that flavor of fish down this way Al....neat stuff. ;):)

pf
<><

Ponds can be amazing.

I recall a time I was allow to attend a farm pond 'poisoning' with rotenone.

The owner wanted it cleaned out cause he wanted to catch bass and couldnt.. The pond was a couple acres at very most. There were probably enough bass removed to fill 5 burlap bags-full. Many 20"++. Also about a billion small catfish but no big cats. I bet they stayed near the bottom and avoided the rotenone.

what's it about 48" ? Better put new line on if you're going back for more:D:D nice catch

You nailed it Rog.

47.5" long and 24" girth. They didn't weigh it, it's now steaks.......

Wellll, it's NOW scat, but it WAS steaks!

anyhoooo, I heard the story direct from Dad who very nearly had heart failure as his son battled on. According to Mom, the kid was actually perty cool......... but I've known Dad for some years and I KNOW he was fair onto infarction. He about broke sweat telling the story! :D

Best guess is that the kid hooked a small trout which Mr Muskie promptly gulped.

Going to be hard to beat.

al

Back