Dawson Actions

C

cris

Gordon Dawson has posted a picture of progress he has made on his custom actions. His trigger assembly is even nicer than his action. Not too bad for a "copycat" action, 100% made in the USA.

rapidstuff.jpg

Where can I find additional information? How does one contact Gordon? Who are some other makers of custom parts. Thanks Tom

Nice bit of work that I'm sure a lot of members would consider IF it were not made out of UNATANIUM!!!
'Merry Christmas ALL'

JoeWillie

Well, looks to me that 5 shooters will have something very nice and 100% made in the USA.

I hope to have mine soon to replace the World wining 20 ft/lb rifle . I have a number of barrels plus more on the way to work with . I cant wait to start working with this fine Dawson action and trigger . Oh Yea shooting it also .

Receivers are shipping this week. I'm starting on a run of benchrest triggers now and the web site is back up for anyone wanting info. I'm not taking orders yet as I'm doing things a little different this go-around. I apologize I have not kept up with the demand.

Gordon

Gordon's Action

Received my action on Tuesday. For those of you that have the Teflon coated receiver make sure you clean it out real good, Jim spent over 2 hours just prepping the receiver before any internal parts went into the action. As much as I didn't want to use the internal parts off my Theoben we decided to get it up and shooting. Jim had to make some additional parts to adapt to the receiver, we used Jim's skeleton stock design which works very well.

The action is a beast and Gordon did an exceptional job. The rife actually performs much better and I'm very pleased with the results.

Regards,
Joe

Received my action on Tuesday. For those of you that have the Teflon coated receiver make sure you clean it out real good, Jim spent over 2 hours just prepping the receiver before any internal parts went into the action. As much as I didn't want to use the internal parts off my Theoben we decided to get it up and shooting. Jim had to make some additional parts to adapt to the receiver, we used Jim's skeleton stock design which works very well.

The action is a beast and Gordon did an exceptional job. The rife actually performs much better and I'm very pleased with the results.

Regards,
Joe

Glad you read my email about the cleaning of the Teflon. I'm not so sure that I will continue the Teflon coating for just that reason. I had to re-tap the threads after I received them from plating.

Your side plate is on the way.

Back