cz rimfire

J

john-sniscak

anyone know kind of preservative cz uses in there rimfire barrels and how clean they have to be? my barrel cleans up good but if i run a bore brush through i get a lot fo brown again. also anyone doing any accuracy work on cz rimfires in north eastern pa. thank you john

It appears you have some rust developing in the bore if your patches are coming out brown.

Bobby

New CZ's are famous for the Brown Crud in, out and all around the surfaces of the rifle. Rifle Bore will need good cleaning, not necessarily with a brush but with wet patches, followed by dry patches until you get a dry patch without any crud. May take anywhere from 6-XX depending on your solvent.

I think I used a mixture of Kroil and regular old Hoppe's No 9. The bolt will also require some attention as well as other areas. You will also need to spray the inside with some sort of Plastic Friendly Gun Scrubber and brush out all areas. Watchout for Mag holder/well, it is plastic.

Some are worse than others.

Good luck, www.Rimfirecentral.com has a good CZ forum

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with a Cz 17 Horn. Mag. I brushed it with Hoppes and JB it a few times. I was not happy with how the bore looked through my bore scope, but I found that after shooting it about 200 times accuracy improved a lot. Makes me wonder how good it would shoot if the bore was not rusty to start with :( Hope this info helps.

bobby, richard,fishing fever thank you for the reply richard is right it is something cz uses for a preservative i will try kroil and #9 tomorrow. i was using butches bore shine. thank you john

Outers Crud Cutter gets that stuff out right quick. Put the plastic extension on, go outside, muzzle down, spray from chamber end for 5-10 seconds. Should do the trick.

Back