CZ 2oz. trigger prototype

Butch
It got about 10 Deg. warmer and and Snowed 10 inches.
Need a CZ trigger to help with the winter Blues. How do you tell the difference between the Bruno actions?

Butch

We have a Vintage Benchrest club shoot at the St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club. About half of our Sporter Class competitors use CZ 452 rifles. So there is interest in a good competitive trigger. The sporter guns must have the original stock configuration. This means that a hard hold has to be used.
Our rules state "No metal, wood, or composite accuracy assets (flat forend enhancements) may be attached to the forend of stocks in this class."

Most of our competitors have installed Rifle Basix triggers. Mine breaks at 10 oz. Price is important in that one does not want to sink too much money in an under 400 dollar rifle. These inexpensive rifles generally shoot pretty well. (some shoot exceptionally well) So some become trading fodder, in the search for that magic barrel. Because of the hunt involved the stock trigger must be able to be reinstalled and inletting unmodified. The Rifle Basix fulfills these requirements. The Timney usually requires the inletting to be modified.

I will be installing a stud swivel further back on the stock, allowing a bi-pod to be used on a more rigid portion of the stock. If this set-up is more stable, a lighter trigger pull might be more helpful.

Rimfire Central has knowledgeable folks on the differences in the Brno actions and the 453 vs. the 452 actions. I am not one of them.

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules for Vintage?

Bruce:
Do you have a link for the rules of Vintage BR? Any help would be appreciated.

SteveM

Here is our whole website devoted to Vintage Benchrest

Please try this link. Hope it answers your questions. A great group of guys and gals. Lots of fun and tough competition.

www.vintagebenchrest.com

Excellent.

Excellent info Bruce. I shoot SB silhouette at the StLouis Benchrest club now, but I'm not a member there (it's about a 75 mile drive or so). Could I simply show up to one of the vintage matches with my CZ 452 Varmint or 10/22, Caldwell rest, suitable ammo, and participate in one of the matches? It looks like a fun way to get involved with benchrest shooting without having to buy any new equipment. Will the match dates be posted on the shootingstl website?

Thanks again,

SteveM.

I do not want to hijack Butch's post!

Please e-mail us for details. The e-mail is on the bottom of each web page.

I know that the web master is available tonight.

Short answer is yes and match dates will be posted. Thanks for your interest.
That is the whole idea almost everyone already owns something they can shoot and be competitive with.

Butch, sorry for the hijack. Hope everything is good in Poetry and your grandkids are doing fine.

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
The prototype was an excellent 6oz. trigger with a terrible bolt release. The newest model can release as low as 1oz. and the bolt release is sweet. The drawings need cleaning up and a couple prototypes built and tested. We have had a couple other products that we are working on. We have finished our lightweight FClass base and have them in stock. We have a prototype rimfire coaxial rest top that has been tested by DJ Hepler and Dan Killough is giving it the final test. My Bud, the designer, is a little tired. We hope to get back on the trigger soon. I will keep you informed.
Butch

butch

all i read about cz on r/f central is those rifles can shoot but everyone complains about the triggers. there is no telling what that rifle will do now davis, myers and calfee better watch just kidding but these rifles now will be showing in b/r shoots all tricked out you watch.

i wonder how many czs are out there hankering for a great trigger??

good luck

bob

Back