Cutrifled

Very rarely, it is quite a controversial topic.
Bartein does make them and Even will do gain twist. Kreiger offers them. There is some discussion of another top flight cut maker giving it serious consideration.

The $64000(almost):p question is why or why not.

Well a certain midwest blowhard has his opinions and unfortunately this is a monkey see monkey do type sport.
Frank G has told me he has been shooting a couple gain twists, 16”-161/4” I believe, and frankly, I think
I’d like to try one.
The above mentioned maker has stated there is zero reason a topflight cut barrel won’t do well. That said, lots of apprehension about putting them out with said blowhard fully expected to fill the airwaves.......look at the pure BS Jerry Stiller has had to endeur.

Well a certain midwest blowhard has his opinions and unfortunately this is a monkey see monkey do type sport.
Frank G has told me he has been shooting a couple gain twists, 16”-161/4” I believe, and frankly, I think
I’d like to try one.
The above mentioned maker has stated there is zero reason a topflight cut barrel won’t do well. That said, lots of apprehension about putting them out with said blowhard fully expected to fill the airwaves.......look at the pure BS Jerry Stiller has had to endeur.

Agree!

From a Kreiger

The shown target was shot (indoors) with a .22 rimfire Kreiger.
The Kreiger barrels have no taper.
And I believe Kevin Nevius uses Kreiger barrels.

Attachments

• AD07ED4E-8B2A-4111-B784-0D004F27DFB2.jpeg
    AD07ED4E-8B2A-4111-B784-0D004F27DFB2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 359
Cooper barrels

are cut. There are a few that compete in Maine that are competitive. Cooper makes their own, as you may know. John Hassam shot his way into the Hall of Fame with his.

Pete

Cooper barrels

I thought Wilson made Cooper barrels...……...what do I know.
I do have a trp 22.

One and the same company

That's correct. We have had a few blanks from Wilson. None of them were outstanding.

I once asked the Head Man at Cooper how may people were involved with lapping their barrels. He said we have a machine that laps our barrels, nothing is better than a machine. Enough said I guess or at least I was speechless at that moment. How many other companies have a machine that lap their barrels with the same sort of success Cooper seems to have?

Pete

Pete,
kindly step away from the keyboard, please, have pity on us.

Last edited:
Im fine Tim,

Pete, no big deal but......maybe.....if you’re gonna spend all day in the sun.....wear a hat.

Tell ya what, call Wilson and ask for Hugo. Ask him who laps their barrels, see what he tells ya.

Pete

Tell ya what, call Wilson and ask for Hugo. Ask him who laps their barrels, see what he tells ya.

Pete

Pete, I take yor word for it, especially since I stopped down to Harts on my way skiing the other day.
Went in to say hello, you would’nt believe it.......they got a trained racoon that buttons the barrels now, no sh.t, got a little blue jumpsuit and everything.....go figure.

Name’s Rocky.

Oh , who would ever question

Pete, I take yor word for it, especially since I stopped down to Harts on my way skiing the other day.
Went in to say hello, you would’nt believe it.......they got a trained racoon that buttons the barrels now, no sh.t, got a little blue jumpsuit and everything.....go figure.

Name’s Rocky.

Anything you would say Tim? Ill take it for gospel.

Pete

Back