Custom Leupold question

H

Hammer47

Have an older 36X Leupold that has been altered. The objective focus has been frozen and the parallax is adjusted by a ring that has been added to the main tube halfway between the elevation turret and the end of the objective lens. I can't for the life of me remember who did these conversions, can anyone remind me? It also has a Tucker conversion but I remember what that is. Thanx.

Have an older 36X Leupold that has been altered. The objective focus has been frozen and the parallax is adjusted by a ring that has been added to the main tube halfway between the elevation turret and the end of the objective lens. I can't for the life of me remember who did these conversions, can anyone remind me? It also has a Tucker conversion but I remember what that is. Thanx.

If I could see a picture of it, that would help, it sounds like a Swindlehurst conversion, but he did not freeze the objective lens. He did have a locking ring on the parallax and a extra spring for the windage and elevation knobs, and they were 36X Leupold's. I had 3 of them and had to go to the 45X Leupold because of my eyes. If you have one, lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE VERY SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with "Mr Ulrich" everything the original poster described sounds like work by the late Dick Thomas. Well everything except the Tucker conversion.

Last edited:
Back