crazy savage

Crooked Barrel

Are you sure it doesn't say "Remington" on the barrel?. They are known to not shoot straight. I just bought my first Savage and am happy to say I am happy with it.
AWOLF

Gener'ly Rem barrels are actually straighter than Sav due to their respective methods of mfgr. Sav are drilled, reamed and buttoned whereas Rem's are hammered.

Some older Rem's have been buttoned or even broached.

A high percentage of the Sav tubes are crooked enough that they're actually bent into some semblance of true at the factory........I'd rather they left them alone but the buying public thinks differently.

weird.......

Hey, folks are still infatuated with belted magnums too :rolleyes:

weirder!

al

barrel straightener

I believe several months (years?) ago Precision Shooting did an article on the Savage Factory.
In the article they showed the barrel straightening fixture...............and up to several months ago a Savage advertisement depicted the same.

I believe the PS article stated the fixture was proprietary to Savage..............no one else in the industry "straightened" barrels.

One would think that a "straightened" barrel would have a tendency to return to it's pre-straighted form------------that ugly "stress" thingy.

Back