Crankshaft polisher

H

huntinco

is anyone here using a crankshaft polisher? You can purchase them with a lathe stand that turns about 30 rpm but that seems to slow so i was thinking about a modified wood lathe. Feedback please.

I have one. It's marketed by Goodson. Works great on rod thro's. Not worth a damn on a barrel. Edge of the belt digs and leaves a "Barber's pole " stripe down the surface.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about a barrel spinner? Once you get a feel for one, they work pretty darn slick.

Well I ended up getting one anyway & a cheep grizley lathe 4003G. I needed a small manual lathe anyway and will feel much better about polishing over it instead of the Hass

I thought you were referring to a hand held barrel spinner and belt sander....

I was & after doing some research I decided to get a cheep lathe and a handheld crankshaft
Polisher. They wanted $8,000 for a modified wood lathe and a crank polisher on skids!!
So I just got the handheld polisher and decided I could use the cheep lathe for polishing and few other odds n ends

I was & after doing some research I decided to get a cheep lathe and a handheld crankshaft
Polisher. They wanted $8,000 for a modified wood lathe and a crank polisher on skids!!
So I just got the handheld polisher and decided I could use the cheep lathe for polishing and few other odds n ends

My Grizz lathe arrived today & my first impressions are what a cheep POS.
I'm glad it's only for polishing because I would be surprised if a guy can put out quality work on this thing

I have a crankshaft belt

polisher. I will use it for rough turned bbls, then I go to the bbl spinner and a 400 grit wheel on the baldor polisher. You will get a much better finish with a wheel versus a belt finish.

Richard Brensing

polisher. I will use it for rough turned bbls, then I go to the bbl spinner and a 400 grit wheel on the baldor polisher. You will get a much better finish with a wheel versus a belt finish.

Richard Brensing

The crankshaft polisher works really well and it's fast. I'm glad I bought a cheap Grizz to use with it because you would not want to use the polisher over any lathe that you care about.

Back