Congratulations DJ

K

Kathy

Friend DJ:

I normally never post congratulations for any matches but State, Regional, or, National Championships.....

I am going to make an exception:

Friend DJ, congratulations on shooting 4, 250's in four attempts today.

That kind of shooting deserves a special congratulations.....

Congrats to all the other shooters.....too..

YOur friend, Bill Calfee

Bill,

That is good shooting but I hope DJ hasn’t peaked too soon before the World Championships.

I don’t think it would take much brain power to workout who will be the favorite to win in Italy. The team situation is another story.

Peter

Why send a team when Dj can take care of them?????
By the way, way to go DJ on shooting all them 250's on them smaller targets.My money will ride on you.
PS.are you going to shoot your xp or calfee turbo in Italy??? Jerry

DJ's been shooting great all season, and he shot great today as well. He had some wind to deal with too, so it wasn't a trigger pulling contest. He is shooting the best and most consistent I've seen him shoot, and we both started shooting together in rimfire 'bout the same time. DJ, I told you in person, but congrats my friend you're paying attention to the flags and doing some super shooting week in and week out. We'll do it again!

PS- I'll post the Blue Ridge results later. My buddy Wilbur shot a 250 in sporter class--good shooting WIlbur! He had some wind blowing too!

Last edited:
Wow

DJ, Congratulations from Down Under, that is some mighty fine shooting.
You have certainly set the benchmark high for the World Championships.
I look forward to meeting you in person & the challenge of trying to keep up with you :eek:

Bill Collaros
Australian Team Captain
World Championships 2008

You 'da man,DJ. That was some great shooting. Congratulations to all of the winners. Jim

Peter I know all the guys that are going from the U.S. and have shot against all of them......trust me everyone else will have their hands full!!! Congratulations DJ!!! Those 4 IR 250's in sporter that you have shot this year are going to be hard to catch!!

Thanks everybody, I hope my luck lasts the rest of the year. Bill, the upside down barrel on the turbo is awesome. Its as good as it ever was. Jerry, I'll be taking the calfee/turbo, the rules over there are simular to 3-gun. (two piece rest off sandbags) Look forward to meeting Team Australia in a couple months. dj

Freinds Carlo, Peter, and anyone else going to the world Championships.

My friends from around the world.....

These Championships are going to be awesom....

What I'm going to say now is just me thinking out loud and dreaming; if I could have things the way I would like, around the world...

Guns in the hands of the wrong folks are dangerous.......I understand this..

But, guns in the hands of all you wonderful rimfire benchresters around the world is awesome!

I tell you folks, from around the world, this, because, man, I'd give anything if DJ could be allowed to carry his little #13 Calfee XP, 22 rimfire pistol to the World Championships, so each of you could get a chance to shoot it....

MY friends from around the world......DJ's Calfee XP Pistol would probably meet any rifle firearms regulations, any place in the world, but, it is classed, in the USA, as a pistol......

My dear friends Peter, Carlo, Bill, man, if you guys could only shoot that little #13 Pistol, one time, man, you would fall in love with it, as DJ has...

Gosh, I wish I could change the world, but I can't.....

My friends, from around the world,......Do you think there is any way that DJ could bring his little #13 XP pistol to the World Championships, not to compete with, but, to let you folks shoot it?

You dear folks, from around the world, would simply fall in love with that little XP pistol......gosh,,,,,,,,,,, I know it probably can't be done......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Dj, I know you to well. Getting to the range now days is luck but to shoot the way you are shooting my friend isnt nothing but skill! Givem hell when you cross the big pond.Jerry

Bill,

There is enough teeth grinding etc going on about us taking proper wind flags and probes to Italy, I’m not sure how they’d handle one of your pistols being there. But DJ can only take 3 guns and 1000 round into Italy and he’s already taking 3 guns.

I understand shooters can use your pistols in IR50 unlimited? I’ve got people here asking me when are we going to the US for a match and I emailed Wilbur last week about an Australian team going to a IR50 unlimited nationals, but haven’t heard back from Wilbur yet peter@oz-rba.com.au we might get to see and maybe play with one of your pistols then.

It’s good to see DJ shooting big scores with his upside down barrel, down here ours are natural fitted that way.:D

Peter

Friend Peter

Friend Peter:

I was just dreaming.......it would be a hassle to get a "pistol" to the World...

I built one for Pierre Holzacker in France, man, the paperwork was a mountain and what was neat, I got all the papers and they were written in French....man, I can't read English too good.....let alone French...

If you guys get ove here, I'm sure you'll get a chance to shoot one.....and, if you guys get over here, I hope you get a chance to shoot some ARA.....you guys would love ARA.......

Peter, I built the first Calfee XP Bench Pistol because BR-50, when it first strarted, had a handicap system based off the weight of the gun....

Something funny happened when I started building those little bench pistols...I saw right off that barrel size didn't have much to do with accuracy and this has carried over to this day in the design of my rifles....( I just saw, on another thread, where Penny Hadfield shot a 250 with her little .825" diameter Lilja, and MIke Mullins set the ARA World Record, 2500, with another little .825" diameter Lilja, so barrel size don't matter much in making accuracy)

Something else happened......the handicap was finally did away with, in BR-50, but guys, and gals, kept right on winning with the little pistols.....

Finally Peter, when you get over here, and DJ lets you shoot his pistol, I guarantee you, you'll be hooked......so you might not want to try one.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Congrats, D.J....

Way to go, D.J.!!! Awesome Shooting! Congratulations!!!:)

Donna

Congratulations DJ, that is awesome shooting. You will represent our Country well and know you are mentally prepared. You will be successful in accomplishing your goal.

Take Care,
Joe

Congrats DJ (to Peter Armstrong of Aussie Team re: US UL Nationals)

RE: Post by Peter Armstrong
Real men shoot Halls Join Date: Nov 2007

Bill, ...." I emailed Wilbur last week about an Australian team going to a IR50 unlimited nationals, but haven’t heard back from Wilbur yet peter@oz-rba.com.au we might get to see and maybe play with one of your pistols then. " Peter
--------
RESPONSE TO Peter: By introduction, I am RM at Hagerstown, MD (USA), where the IR 50/50 UL Nationals will be held this summer. I would be glad to forward to you (by post or e-mail), the schedule, places to stay, eat, and directions. I can tell you that you and your "mates" will have a hardy USA welcome. We are hopeful that as many as possible can make the outing ... July 12th and 13th. If I have my dates correct, it could be a good warm up for the Milan tournament.

BTW: Hagerstown, MD is about 60 miles from (BWI) Baltimore - Washington International airport and about 75 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport.

You may contact me at CDRWEBTEST@AOL.COM. Best wishes to the Team "down under". Doug Miller
CC to your e-mail address: peter@oz-rba.com.au

For Peter Armstrong (BR TEAM AUSTRALIA)

Peter,

Hope you read the post here ... I have had e-mails sent to your e-mail address returned ... not sure why.

This is the address I used: peter@oz-rba.com.au

Would like to send materials on the US IR 50x50 UL Nationals to you in Australia. My e-mail address is: CDRWEBTEST@AOL.COM.
Phone number: 717-573-4335

Best wishes, and hope you, and some, or all of the Team Australia can make it to the States for the UL Nationals. Doug Miller

Back