Congrats to all Riverbend winners!!!!!

Congratulations to Steve Lee this weekend for his great performance at Riverbend this weekend!!!! Steve won one or two yardages and stayed close to the top in all the other aggs as well to seal up the 2-gun win. Steve stayed tough in some pretty heavy conditions. On Saturday afternoon, the wind was SQUIRRELLY and it was blowin' HARD. :eek: There wasn't any conditions consistent enough to run 5 shots in for most of the afternoon. Greg Ellis, of which this was his first match of the year, layed a whoopin' on all of us on Saturday morning, and continued to perform well throughout the weekend. Kevin Hovis loomed dangerously around the top of the list on both days as well, coming away with a pretty hefty amount of "blue" georgia pine. Congrats to ALL the winners and all who shot well down there in that crazy mess.

Jim Andress and his staff de shooters ran the match superbly. Anytime something wasn't as it should it was quickly rectified and the match was continued. Everything ran smooth, and we certainly appreciate the effort that everyone who worked the match put in. Thanks again Jim, Charlie, Bill, and Scott. If y'all missed this match, you missed a good one!!!!!

Matthew S Keller

Matt,
It was great meeting all you guys down there and seeing others I met at Racheals Glenn. And you just aren't whistling dixie about the conditions. The old wind gremlins were sure at it.

Congrats Steve Lee, you sure earned the two-gun and when it came down to the wire, you closed the deal.

Steve was shooting three's and four's at 200 while most were happy to stay under an inch.

Had a great time and will see ya'all next year for sure.

Hovis

Posted this in the match results forum but will re-post here.....

"I was there!

I arrived Saturday morning to visit with my good friend & gunsmith Mickey Coleman & intended to stay & watch for an hour or so.
Well, Mickey being the type of guy he is, introduced me to Mr. Wilbur Harris & Mr. Brady Knight & before I realized, I was entered in Light Gun, relay 2, using Wilbur's rifle.

What a great experience! After making a real fool of myself (Crossfire), I managed to shoot well enough to place 16th out of 25 shooters. Wilbur's rifle & tutelage gets all the credit. I am humbled by the Benchrest fraternity and their willingness to welcome total novices like me. I have known Mickey for a number of years, and have passed a fair share of loot his way for hunting rifles he has built for me. Mickey, after this weekend, more loot will be forthcoming for a light varmint rifle.......

Thanks again guys. Enjoyed the day..... "

Thanks guys. Sunday morning I just barely squeaked by Billy by .0004 and Sunday afternoon after two sixes I looked up and couldn't believe I was in second. For once I managed not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Great shoot, wonderful weather and a lot of thanks to Jim Andress and the rest of the River Bend bunch for holding the shoot.

This shoot was a great way to end the 2008 season.

Grats to the winners, you earned it for sure.

Thanks to Jim Andress, Bill Ditman, Charlie Hood, and all the others who did a yeoman's job running this shoot. Oh, and thanks to Brady Knight and Johnny Webb and any others I missed.

River Bend is a great facility and Bill Ditman told me they are getting ready to spend over $450,000 to add additional ranges to the facility. If anyone in the Atlanta area is looking for a place to shoot that has it all, River Bend would be the place.

http://www.multimap.com/s/ASF9sf7m

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners

It was tough conditions for sure.

A special Thanks to Jim Andress and Charlie Hood and Carol, Dad ,and Johnny
This is the first NBRSA event I have ever shot in at Riverbend. Maybe I shouldn't have squandered it so.

Great match - went off without a hitch.
Thanks Again

Scott

Results

Listen - the conditions were bad - windy and switchy so the aggs look bad - believe me - there were times when you hoped just to shoot under an inch.

LV Grand

1st Greg Ellis .2895
2nd Kevin Hovis .3056
3rd Scott Mims .3177
4th Steve Lee .3199
5th Jerry Sharrett .3280

HV Grand

1st Steve Lee .2716
2nd David Reynolds .2720
3rd Billy Stevens .2860
4th Buddy Ross .3025
5th Scott Mims .3126