Computer Tuning

Easy Gord.....Ya sure....I read that.....yesterday.....I thought Calfee had a new login name. It was tested for the new Centerfire IBS allowance of tuners. The compairance was for a rimfire that didn't work on the model.

Carp

Carp, The guy did it with a reverse taper rimfire barrel and says it needs between 4.9 and 12.3 unless i read it wrong. 19 oz was a little much i guess.

Wallace, I would be glad to make you any tuner weight that you would like. A feller such as yourself should have no problem getting it Electrified.

Electrified Tuner Weight

GordonE, Thanks for the lesson today on setting up a tuner. Just as you said "find the proper weight and the bullseyes will follow." I just have one question, where am I to find 230volt 3phase 400cycle AC to run this thing? I was really hoping for a small battery pack (5VDC) or so but to lug along an 18 wheeler with a 2000HP EMD diesel gen set is too much.
All goofing around aside, those experiments with different weights and the results were amazing. Thanks again, John (Mustard Gun)

Your welcome John. As Bill Calfee says Get the weight right and the rest is history. Just happy that you will be back shooting with us this year.

Wallace, The weather looks a little better for shooting this coming week. You seem to be going through Withdrawal.

My rifle has a parallel port, and serial port. Does anyone make a usb to parallel conversion so I can plug it into my rifle?!?!?!:D :p

Gordon, I'm so bored by not being able to shoot that I'm very tempted to show my computer interfaced tuner weight you made for me, but think I'll refrain for now (patents pending). Laptop USB gives all the electricity I need for this application. Now folks just funning about the computer interfaced tuner. Back to Benchrest Mania and another 250-25X.
Wallace
Wally, there is a USB to anything conversion panel in that wooden box beside the table saw in Trumans chicken house. Bring your own cables. Webber used the other ones fixing the electric fence.

The formula for...

correct tuner weight had better take into consideration whether the tuner is for a rimfire or a centerfire gun. The requirements for a tuner that works are very different. The explosion of firing a centerfire cartridge is much, much more violent than is that from firing a rimfire.

Based on experience...

Centerfire barrels can be their normal weight, around five pounds for a 10-1/2 lb. gun, give or take. My five oz. tuners work just fine.

The skinny barrel on my Calfee rifle has a Fudd tuner, one of the few Bill put on one of his guns, and it is considerably heavier than my CF tuners.

All my tuners work great.:)

Stop by that Bulls Eye Gun place and ask for Gary. He'll fix you up. Just don't let him near the barrel crown with that old screwdriver.:)

I got rid of the screwdriver, Larry got me a dremel with all kinds of atachments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back