COAL For 87V-max in 6 norma br

kdvarmint

COAL For 87V-max in 6 norma br??

Anyone have a recent Hornady reloading manual with 6 norma br load data. Need info for 87 v-max. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you do have a 1 in 10 twist or faster, Berger has loads for 87/88 grain bullets. They list powders in the Varget burn rate range (4895, 748, RL15, etc.) with starting loads around 26.5 to 27.5 grains and max loads of 29.5 or a little more depending on the powder. They list a COAL of 2.200 (For what it's worth). There are not many users of this particular combination although it is perfectly effective on whitetails.

I got coal in my stocking once't
Know the overall length? LOL.

It's not a combination I would use, but a friend is getting a new one and has these bullets and wants to try what he has. Just trying to help him out.

Last edited:
Someone actually uses manuals to set their COALs...why? I would think that this would be determined by measurement of the the particular chamber, followed up by a load workup.

Someone actually uses manuals to set their COALs...why? I would think that this would be determined by measurement of the the particular chamber, followed up by a load workup.

Exactly. He doesn't yet have a modified case to measure with.;) I gave him some ideas to get by till he gets it, but I don't think he feels sure about it, and he would like to know what a manual list the oal at so he can start loading. Just asking for a little info to help a fellow out. Maybe I should know better.

Back