Chronographs

dmw6455

I have a CED M2 Chronograph with both the regular screens and ir screens. At my range there is a roof that extends beyond the bench, so when I go to shoot in the morning with my Mac1 I use ir screens. Having trouble getting continuous reads without error messages. There is no sun hitting the screens and I have tried it at different distances-2 ft to 6 ft. I try to set it up so that pellet travels just above the bottom sensor. The error message I get the most is that the starting sensor failed to read. Power supply is good, both green lights are lit on the screens. It has been a few years since I last used it and don't remember having trouble back then, but also don't remember the distance I set up the chrono from the front of the barrel. The CED people say it should be out around 10-11 ft when using the ir and to make sure no sun is hitting the screens. Any suggestions for the best way to set up the chrono when shooting .177 pellets?

Be sure there are no fluorescent light sources. The flicker can affect chronograph readings.
Dan

I have a CED M2 Chronograph with both the regular screens and ir screens. At my range there is a roof that extends beyond the bench, so when I go to shoot in the morning with my Mac1 I use ir screens. Having trouble getting continuous reads without error messages. There is no sun hitting the screens and I have tried it at different distances-2 ft to 6 ft. I try to set it up so that pellet travels just above the bottom sensor. The error message I get the most is that the starting sensor failed to read. Power supply is good, both green lights are lit on the screens. It has been a few years since I last used it and don't remember having trouble back then, but also don't remember the distance I set up the chrono from the front of the barrel. The CED people say it should be out around 10-11 ft when using the ir and to make sure no sun is hitting the screens. Any suggestions for the best way to set up the chrono when shooting .177 pellets?

I have had similar with infra red used outdoors, turns out not firing down the length and too low over sensors muzzle about 6" back.
Outdoors no infra red all I get is errors.

Back