Central Utah Benchrest Shooters

UncleB

surprised the CUBS match has not been mentioned, starts tomorrow in Springville ,Ut. 9:00 am
32 shooters signed up as of now

Excellent weather

30 shooters...excellent weather..a great place to shoot benchrest.thanks to all the shooters who came.
Joel olas, Dave Tunbridge, and the target crew have done a great job again..

Well, I haven't shot a Benchrest match in over two years, but the last one I shot in turned out to be the Rodney Brown show. And this one wasn't much different! The man from the windy State came again, and conquered once again. Congratulations Rodney! Hot on his heels were Larry White and Lou Murdica. Good shooting, fellas.

Last edited:
Jim, it's good to see you back on the forum -- don't stay away so long next time. Also, I'm glad to see that you're shooting again.

Thanks Hunter, though I think you're too kind when you said I was shooting again. I was more like just pulling a trigger! And I didn't even do that very well.
I literally had to dust off my rifle two weeks ago to have Joe rechamber an old barrel to thread on. I hadn't even looked at my bench gun since I put it away in August of 2015. I had two Sundays and Friday before the match to work out a new reamer and dies, new bullets, new powder, new brass, do equipment maintenance, and try to work up a load. Talk about a scramble! My nerves were pretty shot before the match even started. Gotta love it. The whole time, I was wondering why in the heck was I even doing this again. Then I remembered......it's because I still enjoy seeing groups like Paul Snow's .218" 200 yard group and Lou Murdica's .197" ten shot, 100 yard group hanging on the wailing wall. And the company is second to none. Listening to Dan Dowling and Jim Erickson crack jokes all weekend is worth the price of admission just for the laughs.

Springville Benchrest

Thanks to Dave Tunbridge and Joe Olas and a Great target crew for a very well run match this last weekend and last but not least Mr. Jim Erickson for a Great job scoring. Look forward to the fall match. Was good to meet some new people and some others I haven't seen in a while. Had a great time. Look forward to seeing everyone at Lands End in a few days.

Kelly Ellis

Thanks to Dave Tunbridge and Joe Olas and a Great target crew for a very well run match this last weekend and last but not least Mr. Jim Erickson for a Great job scoring. Look forward to the fall match. Was good to meet some new people and some others I haven't seen in a while. Had a great time. Look forward to seeing everyone at Lands End in a few days.

Kelly Ellis

It was nice to meet you Kelly. Thank you so much for staying afterwards to help us lift those heavy target frames. They are a bear.

Back