Celestron Regal 100 F- ED 22-67x100 Spotting Scope

K

kdvarmint

Anyone here using one? If so, what's your opinion of it?

Can't say KD, I'm saving my nickles to buy one. The thread about this on the "usrifleteam" web site really got me going.

Have you compared the specs. yet. It's right up there with the big boys.

Roy

Well I ordered one. I'll let you know how I make out.

kd

Well got to use the new scope today, and I'm very satisfied. It was a sunny day with temps around 90 and rising. Humidity was 64%. Mirage was not real bad, but it sure was there. Had no trouble seeing all 6mm holes at 500yds. Could see 22cal holes in the white but could not make them out in the black at 500yds. With the conditions today, I was impressed with this scope.:cool:

Piece of crap. I threw it out. LOL, just kidding. Wow, I've had it that long already. Dang.
To this point, I am still very satisfied with it. I'm sure there are better. But the quality + the price, are a welcome combination.

Well, after you get it, and use it a little, let us know your opinion of it.:D

Has anyone compared one to the usual suspects such as Pentax 100mm or the various top end 80mm scopes? I will be looking at a new scope soon for spotting 6mm bullet holes at 600yds.

Non-ED 100 is no slouch!

I have the non-ED Celestron 100 and it is no slouch. I paid $187 for it 6 years ago. It is more than adequate for my F-class and service rifle work out to 600 yards. I have had a number of folks try it and they are generally very complimentary. The price has doubled, but it's still a good deal. I think that if you are going to see 6mm bullet holes at 600 yards, you better have the world's best eyes and scope and some very still air. Any degree of mirage at all is going to negate that.

Back