Cast Handgun Bullets

M

Mr. D

Does anyone have a good source for cast handgun bullets? I'd like to find one in Southern California or one that I could get bullets at a reasonable cost shipped. My 44 Special needs some bullets?

http://www.missouribullet.com/index.php
They ship flat rate USPS. $10.95.
Very nice bullets. :)

Just received 1500 45 Cal 200 Gr SWC and loaded 500. I have not shot them yet but they look like they will be just fine.

Had 1 in 500 that had no lube but the sent about 5 extras so no problem.

Also they shipped them quickly with no hassle.

Also if you enter the code "HighRoad5" (thehighroad.org forum) you get a 5% discount.

Just received 1500 45 Cal 200 Gr SWC and loaded 500. I have not shot them yet but they look like they will be just fine.

Had 1 in 500 that had no lube but the sent about 5 extras so no problem.

Also they shipped them quickly with no hassle.

Also if you enter the code "HighRoad5" (thehighroad.org forum) you get a 5% discount.

Hi JD. Didn't know about the discount. They had one around Xmas.
Those 45 SWC are great. I shoot them for bowling pins. Great in my Glock 21SF and my S&W 28-2. :)

Thank you one and all! I'll check out your recommendations.

I just ordered a Cimarron Arms model P (Colt reproduction) , 7 1/2", 44 special, so I need to load up something to make it go bang. It will be fun to shoot at jackrabbits when I need a break from popping ground squirrels.

Thanx, again

Picture2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mt. Baldy has square-based, BHN 11, cast bullets, if you do not have an application for hard-cast and/or bevel-based.

www.mtbaldybullets.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always try casting your own, its almost as much fun as shooting.

I agree with Jim on this one BUT!!..... Take it from a guy who still has 4-500lb of lead kicking around..... I've become more cautious as I age a little and recognize my own mortality. Don't breathe this stuff! I look back on the many evenings spent in small rooms hovering over boiling leadpots with a smoke in one hand and a skimmer in the other....mixing and alloying and yelling to "KEEP THAT DADBLAME DOOR SHUT!!"

Now a little fan goes a long way :) And I do most of my casting outside under the leanto.

Al-SafetyGeek-inwa A'gain....

al

Unless you exceed 900 degrees fahrenheit, wash your hands, keep your hands out of your mouth, wear gloves. There is a classic case of a no worry situation. I routinly go through several tons of metal per year, have had the usual test each year and levels have never been elevated. I don't want anybody to start casting. I sell this stuff and don't want to loose a customer.

Normal precautions are all that is needed to stay safe, OH, yes I forgot, if you can find any lead paint made before the mid 70s (cause they didn't make any in this country after that), don't eat the paint.:D

Unless you exceed 900 degrees fahrenheit, wash your hands, keep your hands out of your mouth, wear gloves. There is a classic case of a no worry situation. I routinly go through several tons of metal per year, have had the usual test each year and levels have never been elevated. I don't want anybody to start casting. I sell this stuff and don't want to loose a customer.

Normal precautions are all that is needed to stay safe, OH, yes I forgot, if you can find any lead paint made before the mid 70s (cause they didn't make any in this country after that), don't eat the paint.:D

Yeahhh, you're no doubt right. And most of the fumes are probably from the dross more so than the actual lead itself...

And many of the chemicals we use every day for degreasing/cleaning/lubing will definitely leave a taste in the back of the throat if just fondled willy-nilly.

I'll stand down on the lead/safety issue :) and learning how to cast well IS perty enjoyable.

al

Back