Case trimmer

T

trazman

ello guys, I am looking fo a new trimmer, what do you suggest?

I now have a Rcbs trimmer, but I am not satisfied with it...

I was looking for a Wilson or a WFT maybe?

Thanks, Tomaž

I like the precision of a Wilson with the micrometer adjustment & the way I can add useful functions to it.

I like the precision of a Wilson with the micrometer adjustment & the way I can add useful functions to it.

+1

Be sure to get a stand along with the case holder clamp and anything else there is to offer. A table clamp is the best for the case holder...one of those things where you pull/push a lever and nothing moves. If you're just using it for one caliber you can skip the micrometer adjustment.

Alternatively, if you're trimming the necks regularly on a whole bunch of cases you should really consider something else.

i have several wilson's set up for specific cases, but for fast bulk cases the possum hollow trimmers are great.
they are based on properly sized cases and use the shoulder as a indicating/reference point.
can be used by hand or power..in high volume 308 or 223 i check it in my lathe..about 5-6 seconds per case...

As far as I understand the possum hollow trimmer is almost the same as the WFT, just that I can get .300wm only WFT.

I will go for the Wilson to trim .223 and .300wm which I use for training and long range hunting, for my other calibers I will keep the Rcbs trimmer...

Thanks alot for the answers.

Thomas

My PC must be askew

yes it is...
a similar tool, black steel, no shinny anodized aluminum, is from possum hollow at less than $30.....
my relatives are not that rich.

Stool,

With PC running rampant these days, sees like anything that is said will surly offend someone. :confused:

The intent of my post was not to offend anyone or insult their financial position. )chill(

Please understand, I am a rich man, however, not monetarily, but rather by the blessings the LORD has bestowed upon me, and I hope you too. :eek:

Back