Case For 30" Barreled Savage 12-F/TR??

billt

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a case long enough for the 30" barreled Savage 12-F/TR? I have several cases for my 30" barreled Trap Shotguns, but it won't fit in any of them, and certainly won't fit any better when the gun is scoped. For those who shoot a Savage 12-F/TR, what make case do you carry it in?? Bill T.

I am also using the Plano case with a Savage F Class 6mm and a new Sightron SIII 8x32x56.. The gun (30" barrel) is about 1/2"-1" longer then the case. What I did was remove the recoil pad, put the pad on the case and traced it on the rear of tbe case, then used a dremmel tool to cut out the pattern. Re-attached the pad to the gun. Gun fits perfect with the recoil pad sticking out out 1/2"-3/4". Good enough for transport to the range.

Took this off the 6mm web site. http://www.6mmbr.com/catalog/item/1433308/5219558.htm
Sportsman Guide under $30.00

I use a Black Hawk soft case. Fits 54 inches long. It's made for a 50 BMG I think.

I have been using the box it came in for three months as I wanted a hard case and couldn't find one with clearance that was good for travel. Yesterday a friend ordered a 53" case from Ace Cases for me. It was less than $25 for a nylon, padded case. I just wanted something to carry it to the range for now. I haven't gotten the case yet, but should have it in a few days.

Voodoo tactical for a drag bag and a Flambeau double for a hard case.

I have been using the box it came in for three months as I wanted a hard case and couldn't find one with clearance that was good for travel. Yesterday a friend ordered a 53" case from Ace Cases for me. It was less than $25 for a nylon, padded case. I just wanted something to carry it to the range for now. I haven't gotten the case yet, but should have it in a few days.

Thanks for all the replies. Let me know how it fits when you get it, and if your satisfied overall. Bill T.

I have a 30" Savage 6.5-284 on a lee six stock. It fits into a Storm case with 1/8" left over.

Mine just fits into a plano airglide case with about 3/4 of an inch of clearance off the muzzle

I got the Ace Cases case. It has a soft interior and fits with the Seals 8-32x50 scope. I got it to take the 12 FTR to/from the range. I like it for $25 or so.

Back