Case cleaning method?

Approximately 1 quart size will do 80 cases easily. My experience is that later you wish you would have bought the larger one. I'll sell you my small Hornady at a very reasonable price. Now that I have the magnum size I was going to sell it at our gun club monthly swap/sell meet. PM me if you are interested and we can get together on a price.

Pat

PS. I don't have a 45acp. In pistols, I do 32's 38/357, 40, 41, 44's

Gary.

You need to turn on private messages on your side. I get a message that you have it turned off

Pat

The easiest method of all.

I don't subscribe to any of the usual case cleaning methods. Too much messing around. I just immerse the cases in a bath of carbon tetrachloride for a couple of minutes and slosh them around a little bit. It is a solvent for carbon. After a couple of minutes I pour the ctc back into the bottle. It evarporates from the cases quickly and leaves them as clean as new both inside and out. Do it outside so you don't breath in the fumes.

Regards,
Andy.

butch....
400 is a small lot...and if you read...he finalized on 1.5 hours PLUS drying time.
i do 1000 per hour with NO drying time.
pd shooters here go out to a shoot. its a 5-7 day trip...not back home each night.
used to be be more one day shoots...but fewer and fewer.
like i said its all about personal needs.
for my business it will not work...for my 1000yd guns and other small batch match brass yes.
time is money......
mike in co

Mike,
Read the rest of the thread. One of the guys is doing 400 pcs. of 45acp at a time. A lot of PD guys have several days between shoots. I imagine they will have plenty of time to tumble all the brass they can afford to buy.
Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if I were you Mike in your huge operation, I bet you could use a 55 gal barrel turned by a 7.5 3phase motor.
That ain't no hill for a climber.
Butch

common practice with operations bigger than mine is to use cement mixers.....can easily do a 5 gallon bucket of brass at a time....the down side is it , as a rotary vs a vibrator..it still takes longer. there is one large( as in one of the top two in the nation) brass processor, who wet cleans thier brass...but they will not let anyone in on the system. they do 1000's of pounds at a time.
mike in co.

Well if I were you Mike in your huge operation, I bet you could use a 55 gal barrel turned by a 7.5 3phase motor.
That ain't no hill for a climber.
Butch

Back