Capitol City Maine's first ARA Match

Pete Wass

Well, we held our first one last evening in 0 readable wind conditions, for the most part. 8 shooters braved the 87* elements. I think it went pretty well for a beginning. The results are as follows:

Card 1:
1. Gary Hamilton 2100
2. Pete Wass 2050
3. Keith Royal 1800
3. Klayton Hayes 1775
5. Randy Lyons 1425

Card 2:
1. Gary Hamilton 2300
2. Pete Wass 2000
3. Klayton Hayes 1950
4. Keith Royal 1850
5. Dave Piccuito 1825

Card 3:
1. Gary Hamilton 2300
2. Keith Royal 2075
3. Pete Wass 2050
4. Randy Lyons 1800
5. Klayton Hayes 1750

AGG+Points:

1. Gary Hamilton 2257.333
2. Pete Wass 2054.333
3. Keith Royal 1926.333
4. Klayton Hayes 1840.000
5. Randy Lyons 1678.667

Thanks to everyone for attending and for all the help. Hope to see you next time.

Pete

When I had heard a few months ago about the possibility of ARA coming to ME I had mixed feelings in that there would be the additional cost in ammo. My solution was to just shoot factory guns with much cheaper ammo.
But my mindset has changed a bit since in that having shot at the TC with all the ARA guys. And going to the Eley seminar & listening to them as well as one of the top competitors discussing how to evaluate ammo. The discussion as I interpreted it was that we put way to much emphasis on group size. And what Eley & this competitor was doing is evaluating ammo by way of the scores.
Now that took a few days to sink in. All of us can see the groups we shoot & measure & see which group is smallest. There are no one hole, ten shot groups out there fellas. There's variation in them all. I don't care what your shooting for ammo or a gun.
And the ARA target to me seems like the hardest to get a good score. So then, I think I'll do any ammo testing at these ARA matches in order to evaluate equipment, ammo, & me. The IR Tuesday shoots may end up with me shooting lesser stuff in order to cut costs a bit.
In any event, thanks for bringing the ARA to ME Pete & for all you do to make all the matches possible. I appreciate it.
Keith

My Pleasure Keith

When I had heard a few months ago about the possibility of ARA coming to ME I had mixed feelings in that there would be the additional cost in ammo. My solution was to just shoot factory guns with much cheaper ammo.
But my mindset has changed a bit since in that having shot at the TC with all the ARA guys. And going to the Eley seminar & listening to them as well as one of the top competitors discussing how to evaluate ammo. The discussion as I interpreted it was that we put way to much emphasis on group size. And what Eley & this competitor was doing is evaluating ammo by way of the scores.
Now that took a few days to sink in. All of us can see the groups we shoot & measure & see which group is smallest. There are no one hole, ten shot groups out there fellas. There's variation in them all. I don't care what your shooting for ammo or a gun.
And the ARA target to me seems like the hardest to get a good score. So then, I think I'll do any ammo testing at these ARA matches in order to evaluate equipment, ammo, & me. The IR Tuesday shoots may end up with me shooting lesser stuff in order to cut costs a bit.
In any event, thanks for bringing the ARA to ME Pete & for all you do to make all the matches possible. I appreciate it.
Keith

It's interesting to try new things and to see what is possible, eh?

Pete

Back