Capitol City Maine 3 Gun and UL SOTY

Pete Wass

In spite of the rough weather today here in the Northeast, some respectable scores were shot here in Augusta, Me. Keith Royal nearly got one of them there new 750 Pins shooting a 749 and his first 250 Sporter target with a lovely 250-21, way to go Keith! Rained pretty hard all day and the scores fell off as the day went on but were pretty good for low 50* temperatures here in the New England Summer. Not unlike most places, the luck of the "Draw" plays in to how things go in terms of scores but as I always say, if one expects to win consistently, one must learn to read the conditions, regardless of where they sit to shoot.

Sporter

1. keith Royal 250-21
2. Ted Derivan 249-20
3. William Colbert 248-17

10.5 LB.

1. John Hassam 250-18-14
2. Gary Hamilton 250-18-11
3. Keith Royal 250-17

13.5 LB.

1. Keith Royal 249-21
2. Gary Hamilton 249-10
3. William Colbert 248-12

3 Gun AGG.

1.Keith Royal 749-60
2. Gary Hamilton 747-38
3. William Colbert 745-42

UNLIMITED

UL1

1. Pete Wass 248-15-11
2. Keith Royal 248-15-7
3. Gary Hamilton 246-17

UL2

1. Steve Page 249-16
2. Gary Hamilton 248-16
3. keith Royal 248-14

UL3

1. Gary Hamilton 249-15
2. Keith Royal 247-15
3. John Hassam 246-13

UL AGG.

1. Gary Hamilton 743-48
2. Keith Royal 743-44
3. Pete Wass 741-31

Our thanks to all who braved the weather and for all the help with running the match.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Keith. Looks like he got those new rifles shooting. Won't bother with Gary, he's always at the top of the list.:D:D Hope to get up there and shoot with you guys and gals again soon.

Ken Henderson

Keith with a 250/21

Way to go Keith, some wicked shooting for a guy from Boot Bay Harbor.
As I said before , Keith, William and Ted are gonna be the up and coming
stars of the sporter game up here in the North East. Gordon sure knows how
to build them and you guys sure know how to shoot em.
Congrats to all the shooters who braved the New England weather.
Me and Bob plan to come up and shoot with you guys if the good Lord is willing
Ray

I forgot to say Congrats to all

Congrats to all who shot well. It was not much of a picnic there yesterday.

Pete

Thanks

Thanks guys.
As Pete said more or less, I drew the "honey hole" bench 10, & things all came together. There was some other very good scores as well which surprised me. I sure didn't expect them with the weather.
Pete R., couldn't have done it without ya! ;)
Ken, hope you & Cherie can make it over this year.
Ray, don't forget about Bob too. We haven't!

Keith

What's Gary putting on his sporter barrel for vibration dampening this year since he learned last year that painter's tape wasn't allowed? Has he switched to electrical tape?

Last edited:
Great Shooting

Nice job Keith !! Keep it up....nearly missed out on the record. Hope to shoot with you soon my friend!

Bob

Missed the whole point?!?!?!

"Gary did a little lapping on the barrels." OK, Gary also cut back 1 barrel, re crowned both of them. He put a lot of work into them you probably do not realize. I also want you to know Gary and I both were in his shop and we co-authored the post. Gary does OK for a dumb ole United States Army trained GUNSMITH. I did also, win a flip of a coin, and because you are the better shooter Kieth you got "THE HONEY HOLE." I am remiss in not publicly congratulating you on your shooting Sunday on this forum even though I did Sunday. However not fully giving credit to Gary is not right either when others are called out by name. Gary goes out of his way, even when we shoot badly, he is always looking for ways to improve all of our shooting and equipment. He spent three hours with me today going over my posture, equipment placement, and setting at the benches. None of us, do not acknowledge his contributions enough on this forum. "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" Let's grow up and move on.

Klayton,
Looks and sounds to me that you missed the whole point of what Keith said!!!!

WOW " Let's Grow Up And Move On" ??????????

Pete

Keith

nice performance last weekend. Nasty shooting day, but at Orrington where we were doing a fun shoot, the 1 o'clock was stiff but predictable. Keep up the good work.

Back