cant i make my own 10/22

i get it

.059 is a hole,or smaller,bad math on my part. to much possum pie!

You are at a bench rest forum its ether you get bolt action or no action! :eek:

i lurk on rimfire central alot. i've been watching and waiting for chief to post about the record. i figured by now he would have posted. just to save face. everybody who has shot enough knows a semi won't compete with a bolt gun. no matter how much work you do to it. there are to many moving parts and the pressure pushing the bullet is also used to work the bolt. that charge is never the same amount to work the action. just to many things are different from shot to shot. i know my hmr is heavily modified and there is no way it will do that and it is a bolt gun. there is no match rounds, and the slightest wind blows it miles off target. in no wind it shoots great. it has a new crown, match chamber, and a great custom stock, but it just won't do that at 100. never tried it at 50 but i don't see it doing it there either!! maybe 25 yards. never tried it there either!!!

To the best of my knowledge, the group that ChiefDave supposedly shot for 5 shots at 100yds that measured .059ctc isn't sanctioned by any authentic shooting organization as an authentic world record. So with that there is no creditability to the group as a world record anything. Ask ChiefDave to validate what shooting body recognized it as a world record and not Joe Smoe's Gun Club. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the date on this submittal to the Prove-It website.

http://proveit.www8.50megs.com/cgi-bin/i/submissions/22lr/Picher-6-12-2000.jpg BTW, this was the only Prove-It target I've shot with the 10-22.

The 10-22 used was a regular Deluxe model with a Shilen barrel and a whole lot of work to the factory parts. Except for the barrel and bedding material, the only non-Ruger part was a trigger stop screw in the trigger guard.

My 10-22 tuning methods are published on Rimfire Central's Tips and Tricks Forum. I didn't discover all of them myself, but most of them. I was the first person to LockTite 10-22 barrels into receivers and took a lot of grief from established 10-22 accurizers, who were making good money threading receivers and barrels. Then they discovered how well it works and will admit there's no accuracy improvement by threading those receivers.

Picher

"You are at a bench rest forum its ether you get bolt action or no action!"

AZ Pair:
Yes, your correct, this is a bench rest forum, but don't tell the guys shooting those bench rest Schuetzen Single Shot rifles that they should get a bolt action. I've seen some fantastic groups shot by those guys with them old guns at 100 and 200 yds., some were as good or better than some bolt guns, and there serious about what there doing, don't let them catch you with one of them there new fangled bolt guns, those guys will string you up to the nearest tree and start the fire for the tar and feathers, don't know what they would do if they caught a guy at the range with a semi, probably just shoot him right on the spot. :D
SS

Here's the group that Chiefdave supposedly shot. Where is the certifed governing body who recognizes this group as a documented world record? It should be on the target. Like I said, there is no creditability to the claims of this group other than to promote a so called product on the internet. I remember at the time it was posted that he had a name of some supposedly shooting body on it. It also had open class on the target. :confused:

shootersolutions_1990_24796813

I remember about 4yrs ago at RFC this Chiefdave did a so-called rolex watch miracle 100yd shot and hit a 44mag primer of a live round in between the watches that I believe was being swung like a pendulum. The watches was said to hardly be hurt. And the shot from on the videotape footage never really as a viewer standpoint was ever shown with any what I would call half of a reasonable doubt of being unquestionable by even a blind man. :D I honestly can't believe he would even want to show the thing. The internet link to the tape vanished and the thread was closed over all the ruckus there from all the arguing from both sides that was going on.

picher
are your groups measured edge to edge or center to center?

Back