Can you wear out Anschutz?

Sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of doing something like that, just not sure what. The forearm is mostly rounded with a little flat on the bottom with about a inch wide with a rail in it. I need see what I can come up with that will hook up to the rail. :)

I think She a Keeper

I think its a keeper. Here's some groups I shot last night. It didn't like the R-50's but Tenex EPS was looking good.:):)

Anschutz014.jpg

A proper br stock will not only have a flat on the fore end to ride the front rest but the bottom of the butt stock will also be parallel to the bore axis so it rides straight in the rear bag. An attached front sled will NOT be as steady as a br stock, but it comes pretty close. Depends on if you are going to use the rifle for more than br or not in my opinion. bob finger

I think its a keeper. Here's some groups I shot last night. It didn't like the R-50's but Tenex EPS was looking good.:):)

Anschutz014.jpg
im new to the forum,i too have the exact same rifle its a 1977 54 match with the last letter being a x.i would like to know if you would share about what ammo your rifle likes,my rifle shoots really good with sk match,rws-50, eley tennex eps 1010-02303 1059 fps,wolf match target,all of the ammos shot different.the best groups were out of the rws-50, and the eley tennex eps had slightly bigger groups all bullet holes touching with a occasional hole slightly out of the group, I only had two boxes of the rws-50 this ammo was what this rifle liked and shot the best groups Ive ever shot with this rifle.I want to test more ammo what should I try next. My rifle has a position stock without a flat forearm, I also have a kelby benchrest stock that I picked up for 75.00 from a gun dealer here in Va im refinishing it now and I know will help.the rws-50 doesn't have a fps number on the box but I heard it runs around 1082.My goal is to shoot rimfire benchrest in my area.The rifle is the most accurate one that I own im amazed on how it shoots it has a leupold 36 bench rest scope and the trigger is the smoothest ive ever had the pleasure to pull.I am not as good as the rifle but im not a beginner I have been shooting all my life but im willing to listen to someone who can shoot groups like yours and any info I can learn about these rifles would be appreciated.The rws-50 is getting really hard to find on the net, but the eley has more choices on lots and speeds,how does the rws-50 run on different lots and are there variances on fps speed between lots.when you were testing your rifle how did you come up with that lot or speed that shot so well in your rifle,I will put up some pics as soon as I get the stock finished and my groups that I shot when I tested some of the ammo
thanks

I am no expert at rimfire BUT

Yes I was thinking about one of them or a BR-stock for it not sure which way to go yet.

I designed the JTR stock used to be made by robertson composites, and it looks to me that your gun is probably bedded and fits the action properly so a forened adapter is better than a new stock,

it appears to reciol properly and a new stock may have fitment issues and maybe not any better than the one you have,

enjoy

Jefferson

Back