Can anyone tell me what organizations set rules for benchrest matches?

R

ronaldmoiles

I have heard there are several different organization with different rules for rimfire matches.
I would like to get a set of rules from each organization if possible. We have rimfire benchrest matches at our local gun club and have just wrote up our own rules. I would like to see how other rimfire benchrest matches are run.

Rimfire BenchRest, for score is governed by 4 main groups. IR50, RBA , ARA and PSL. Rules are similar in many respects and very different in others. IR50 and RBA are essentially the same (rba is a spinoff of IR50) with rifle classes ie sporter, 10.5 pound, 13.5 pound and unlimited. Both offer targets at 50 yards and 50 meters. ARA and PSL are essentially unlimited without classes or categories, and shot at 50 yards. Each uses its own target for sanctioned matches and each keeps its own set of stats. ARA stands apart with its worst edge scoring, the others being best edge. As mentioned above these disciplines have their rules published on their web sites and are linked on the home page of this forum. It may take you some effort to see the differences in the rules; read carefully as you compare and differences will become obvious. bob

Although it's not one of the 4 main groups, why I don't know, but USBR has a 17 hmr catagory. We shoot at an x ring that's one hundred thousands (.100") in diameter at 50 yards. The 9 ring is about .260".

Back