Can a factory new gun look like THIS?

T

tvtv

Just bought a "new" gun. Is it possible that the bolt face and chamber look like this after five test firings at the factory? Thanks.

chamber.jpgboltface.jpg

Typically, no.

But... I have received one (from the same factory) that was absolutely pig-filthy inside. When we bore-scoped it someone asked me 'how many rounds did you fire thru this?!?' and my answer was 'zero'.

Is there any other problem with the gun that precludes you cleaning it and going to the range?

Finally got around to giving my new 12 LRP a thorough cleaning tonight... and smiled as I looked at the bolt - it looked a lot like yours ;)

Dunno how they get them that dirty... usually takes me quite a few (as in hundreds) of rounds before my bolt face looks that grungy.

That's probably from.........

QC, y'know, "Quality goes in, before the name goes on". They just wanted you to get a brandy-new gun with a comfortable, "lived in" look, all ready to go to work. And, so all your buddies wouldn't rag on ya at the range about all the glare from the sunshine sparkling off it. :eek:;);)

12FCV .223 Bolt face was dirty new, cleaned the bolt face.... shoots like a dream. 1/2"MOA @ 200yards

Back