Camillus Sportsmen's Club 19th Annual Pro-Am Shoot (Newly Renovated Rifle Range)

reloadr

NY State IBS Championships & 19th Annual Pro-Am Group Shoot at Camillus Sportsmen’s Club, Camillus, New York

Come shoot on the newly renovated rifle range. New, wider (16') and longer (240') roof structure and concrete pad. New, concrete top benches will be installed. Note: NO POUNDING IN YOUR FRONT REST SPIKED FEET. Foot pads are required on all front rests. I will have a few sets of foot pads for sale at the club.
Multiple berms removed. The ditch behind the 100 yard targets has been filled. The "field" has been nicely graded. Grass seeded.

Electric power is still very limited. Our plan is to up-grade the electrical in the future.

100 yd & 200 yd – LV & HV Group Match July 14th & 15th

EVENTS:
100 yds – Saturday, 7/14– 9:00 AM LV/HV
200 yds – Sunday, 7/15– 8:00 AM HV/LV
Bench Rotation: Yardage Rotation
7 minute warm-up match each morning

28 benches, 2 relays (Note: 56 shooter limit this year)

MATCH FEES:
$25/day, per gun. Total: $100 for 2 guns/2days. Jr’s – Free
Cash Option: $5 per gun per day. Cash Option Total: $20 for 2 guns/2days
Camping: $5 per day

TROPHYS:
Trophy plaques
Pro-Am – 1st Place
Small Group (special Cap) Each Class/Each Yardage
The top amateur will also receive a barrel blank in addition to the trophy plaque.

The range will be shut down on Friday at 3:30 PM to start setting flags and complete setting of the target frames.

Again, this year, this will be a Money Shoot. Payback to the shooters will be based on the number of shooters who participate in this shoot.

FOOD:
Breakfast: Available for purchase Saturday and Sunday from 6 am to 9 am.
Lunch: Available for purchase Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm.

Campers - Note: The Camillus Sportsmen's Club facility has very limited electrical power. It can be hot in July. There is not enough power to run AC units. Bring your own generator to ensure that you have enough power.
Contacts:
• Event Director - Bob Hamister - (bhamister@yahoo.com)
• Camillus Sportsmen's Club – 5801 Devoe Road, Camillus, NY 13031, info@CamillusSportsmensClub.com
Note: new club rule – No alcohol beverages consumed on the premises

Attachments

• CSC range 1.jpg
    CSC range 1.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 359
  • CSC range 5.jpg
    CSC range 5.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 312
Pro-Am Match at Camillus - Newly Renovated Rifle Range photo

I have attached a recent photo of our newly renovated Rifle Range at Camillus Sportsmen's Club. We are getting ready for the NY State IBS Championships & 19th Annual Pro-Am Group Shoot.

We are building new target frames. The targets will now be on the same 6' centers as the benches are. We are going to do our best to keep the 100 yard and 200 yard locations in line with each other.

The new, concrete top benches are now installed. Note: NO POUNDING IN YOUR FRONT REST SPIKED FEET. Foot pads are required on all front rests. I will have a few sets of foot pads for sale at the club.

Anyone can help the club out with this and have a plaque in their honor mounted permanently on a bench. We have received donations for 18 of the 40 available benches. For $200 a plaque will be mounted with your name.
If you are interested, please contact Bob Hamister at bhamister@yahoo.com

Attachments

• new CSC rifle range.JPG
    new CSC rifle range.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 349
Beautiful and well thought out range who gets to mow the grass and a very nice feature. Our range is all bare sand and the mirage is always brutal with temps typically over 100 from late June to September. The refection off the sand also makes it a very hot range when not staying under the shade structure to set out flags, changing targets and removing and storing the backers for the next match. Just looking at your range I could only imagine how much more pleasant it would be to shoot.

JLouis

I use to shoot there back in the late 70's when it was under Hank Gonnella and that is were I first met Smilely, Miles, Seely, to name a few. That was a long time ago. It now looks better. Art was the cook and always smoked Cigars. Those were the days.
The range looks good.

Absolutely Beautiful

Finally.....it is Nader-worthy.

I broke in a bbl there yesterday, the place is simply magnificent, congrats to Bob, Hal, and all the folks that pulled this off.......very well done.

Last edited:
Back