calfee night train copy ?

Tim, I used to be an optimist, however I now realize that 10 years ago all those $275 40x's were tuned properly there would likely be no $11,500 custom or $6,500 used custom rifles today. there would be no jj slides, there would be no mid-barel dampners and there wouldn't be 25 barrel variations.:D

I don't understand the whole rimfire thing. I used to shoot a little back when Beau and Calfee and a few other guys were shooting at BGSL. It was fun, but I liked centerfire better. Seems there are cheaper guns in CF, more gunsmiths and I guess they go together easier. It may be the reloading thing. But it seems in RF, you gotta have a rifle build by one of the golden boys and there only about five. Then they're expensive, picky, overall harder than CF. I would never pay 11,000 or 6,000 for a rifle. Maybe 3,000 but that's about the value. But I know Beau was offered over eight grand for his turbo and turned it down. I think I would have sold it.

Hey, Squatty, you remember back when we did this on a regular basis in BR-50. It's always been the same. Except then it was three gunsmiths, Old Kenyon rifles, factory, and Calfee.

I have one of those "old Kenyon rifles" and would not trade it for anything. Karl was the "the best damn gunsmith ever". Just ask him! I wonder who took humility lessons from the master? bob finger

Back