Calfee Book Hits Classifieds

Beau

The Calfee book is in the classifieds under publications and it is my understanding that (no joke) Mr. James Pappas has purchased the very first one.

I was lucky to get one of the original books.Kept away from the dog. So have been able to read from cover to cover. If you are interested in Rimfire. It would be money well spent. Thanks Bill for writing it.
Douglas Rome is a prince of a man.
Thanks
Gordon

I bought Vaughan's Rifle Accuracy Facts awhile ago and enjoyed it and am looking forward to Calfee's book too.

In all seriousness, is his writing in the book a little clearer than his posts on BRC and other writings of his floating around?

Beau
Are you sure about the first copy? Why would that poster even want a copy of the book?
Lynn aka Waterboy

Yes, Lynn I am sure. It was a special request with permission to announce it. No offense but I don't think he's as anti-Calfee as he is anti-Lynn. That's between you guys.

No books yet?

Looks like there are no books...yet. The ad says they are taking orders but the books have not been printed and won't be until sufficient orders come in. Then, there's a four week wait, at least.

Seems like an odd way to do business.

vic,

That's not terribly uncommon in the publishing industry, especially with a first book.

Without knowing how large your market is, it's the safest way to get the book printed for the best cost. It saves everyone money.

Most publishers won't even consider such a small project, simply because there is no money to be made in it.

I went about it in a different way, but I had the contract from the publisher upfront, but for this project, I think this is a good move.

s.

Yes, but there are some buyers who are leery of paying so far in advance for a book that has not been reviewed and has unknown content.

I've read all of Cafee's articles in PRECISION SHOOTING. If the book is largely a reprint of those articles I'd like to know.

Beau
Strange request indeed.

Australian Shooters
As you know the shipping is going to be high getting single copies into Australia.If you can get 5 guys together and have the books shipped to a single address in one box I will cover the shipping costs of one box only.

I would prefer 5 guys buying 1 book each on this deal if at all possible.

Vic
The book will mainly be Bills Articles from the various publications he has written for.If you already have copies as I do that is great.I find it easier for myself to read it as a book without having to search through alot of copy.
Waterboy

Yes, but there are some buyers who are leery of paying so far in advance for a book that has not been reviewed and has unknown content.

I've read all of Cafee's articles in PRECISION SHOOTING. If the book is largely a reprint of those articles I'd like to know.

Vic,

With your concerns, if I were you, I just wouldn't consider purchasing one. Then you don't have to worry.

For those of you who want to know. Here is at least a draft of the table of contents.

Attachments

• Table of Contents.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 331
Team Australia

Bill Copllaros
I received your PM and you will get the box shipped to you from myself.If anybody else wants two copies in Australia the box can hold 5 copies.
Waterboy

From the table of contents it looks like quite a few of Bill's PRECISION SHOOTING articles are in the book.

I think it's been talked about for months. It's a compilation of Bill's writings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madrox,

You are right--last week was the first time I've looked at the rimfire benchrest forum in quite a while. I've mostly been gone since mid-August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back