Cabela's Cheap Bore Scope ??

M

miele

Got my Cabela's shooting catalog and saw an item that looks
interesting - for 39.95 a brass bore scope ??
Reviews are mixed,but would this tell me if my cleaning is
doing any good or just wasting my time ??:rolleyes:
Thanks
John

Seems to me for that price you could try it out. If any good let us know. If it's a piece of junk return it and let us know. We will be waiting for your report.

Bill

Miele: I am attempting to include a link to the online product page for this Cabela's item.
It had 8 reviews and many were complimentary.
I have a close friend who has the deluxe Hawkeye bore scope and when I need a bore of mine scoped (which is rare), I visit my friend.
I believe he paid $650.00 (plus shipping) to get his some 3 years ago.
It IS nice!
But I get along with my Siebert Bore Inspection Tool for gunshows and guntrading.
The Siebert Tool shows the chamber, leades, crown and condition of the rifling to the extent I can make good decisions on gun trading for Rifles - it is less efficient at showing me the copper.
Frankly the Cabela's Tool also interests me!
The Cabela's Tool allows for inpection of 16" of barrel (from each end when possible - i.e. not usable from both ends for some auto's and levers).
I would like to see the Cabela's Tool in person someday soon and give it a try.
Good luck if you decide to try one!
You just have to read the 8 reviews of this tool though - it never ceases to amaze me how folks can have such absolutely diametrically opposed views of the same item/subject???

Link: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Bore+scope&noImage=0

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Back