"C" word

Punish the crime. Don't pile on charges because of the tools used. Possession of $500 worth of stolen property should be punished the same whether the stolen property is a pistol or a pallet of toothpicks.

I agree. In Missouri we have had a PSA playing for years now about how "Jose" was sentenced to 25 years for committing a gun crime. Never mentioned if it was Rape, murder, etc, Just "a gun crime". Crime is Crime, who cares what type of weapon was used? Punish the guy for the crime, not the tool. I've never heard a PSA about a knife crime or a car crime... How about a PSA just saying don't commit any damn crime?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waitaminnit---there must be thousands of NY shooters who have more than 10 firearms. Is there a collectors license, or such??

I've probably had more than ten guns before any of them were born! Thats like with the pistol permits your suppose to have a back ground check every five years, but they don't call anyone or send letters to let you know! Its all part of the plan to say turn in your guns.

Joe Salt

Back