Butch Tarasek Passes Away

Jim Borden

Ward "Butch" Tarasek passed away this morning.

He was a hard worker for benchrest and was an active member and worker for the Canastota Rifle Club. he will be missed.

Ward_tarasek.jpg

Butch.jpg

Joan and Jim Borden

Last edited:
Jim..

sorry to hear this. He ran a very efficient Nationals 2 years ago. Seems too many we know and know of are crossing over lately. Must be our age?

Ward will be missed

So sorry to hear of the bad news. Ward was one of the good guys.
Boop Family and
all from Union County Benchrest Club
Dale

Very sorry to hear this news. I saw Ward some nine days ago at the Camillus match. He came over on Sunday and was sitting in front of the clubhouse talking to some friends. I could see at a distance, from his color and weight loss, that he was sick, very sick.

I did not know him well, but as Dale said, he was one of the "good guys".

My sincere condolences to his family.

Jeff Stover

Ward passing

Yes he will be missed. His cancer was very advanced when he was diagnosed and chose not to put himself through hell. I was in contact with Amy this morning and as of now there will be no calling hours again at his request.
May he rest in peace
Mike Mastrogiovanni

Ward Tarasek

I think Ward was a friend to everybody that ever met him. He certainly made me feel right at home when I joined Canastota. He had a congenial personality, a heart of gold and always put his fellow BR shooters before himself at the Canastota shoots. Ward will be deeply missed by all of us at the Canastota Conservation Club.
It's kinda funny, but when your alone shooting at CCC you never really feel alone, It's like Rich and Jill Long and Michelle Sutton and others that have passed on are there with you. And now Wards gonna show up ! Guess I'll have to make more than four cups of coffee.
Joel

Ward

HEART of GOLD is right great loss great man...Bruno Bosso

I got a chance to say goodbye last Friday. One of the last of the great curmudgeons, I'll miss him.

Ward

I only got to know him over the past few years. He was rough on the outside --but he would help you in any way he could. I thought Jim Borden's pictures of Ward truly represented him. We will miss him and his efforts for benchrest.

butch

hello this is butch's son brandon. I will be shooting in butch's memory this weekend. He asked me on the way home from camillis if i could take him to canastota to shoot if he felt well. I have had a gun made up in his memory that will be on display after i shoot a card. It is above and beyond my expectations. It is really nice and i hope all of you like it. Please i wish any money donated to go directly to canastoda club. It was my fathers home away from home. I would like to find the pictures on BCF and get copys and you will all love the one i had put on the gun.

ward G. tarasek
A Friend
A Father
A fellow shooter
Let us all remember him In the light when he joined the 250 club

Back