Burris Signature Zee Rings Screw

R

Rich K

Folks does anybody know the thread size for the ring screws on Burris Signature Zee rings? Like an absolute idiot I dropped one down the floor boards!!!!!

Contact Burris & they'll have replacements in the mail.

Folks does anybody know the thread size for the ring screws on Burris Signature Zee rings? Like an absolute idiot I dropped one down the floor boards!!!!!

BTDT, therefore I have a box of 50, count em, 50, 6x40x1 socket head screws (E-Z sockets). Any screw/bolt/nut supply co. will carry them. Or MSC Direct.

Roy

A socket head screw would be a great improvement over the slotted screws.

They are a vast improvement. I believe the ones I use are 1". It leaves enough to put an acorn nut on which makes a positive lock on the screw. I used stainless and am well satisfied.

Jeffrey

Contact Burris & they'll have replacements in the mail.

Thanks for all the input folks. I have contacted Burris in the US and they were very helpful. No issues, quick replies and should have screws somewhere over the atlantic now!!

The last set of Burris ZEE rings I bought had oversized tapped holes for the base clamp screws. This made the 6-40 threads very shallow to the point that they stripped with only moderate torque. I drilled out the holes and tapped for an 8-32 x1" SHCS. This gives good clamping force and eliminates the factory slotted heads . The only down side is that the rings will only fit on Picatinny rails or bases. Real Weaver base cross slots are too small for the 8-32 screws. Since Burris was trying to accomodate Weaver bases, they had to use the same size base clamp screws that Weaver rings use, 6-40. Burris must have had a run of rings with oversized holes as the problem was mentioned on at least 2 different internet shooting foums. Anyway, the 8-32 screws work well and are easy to buy at the nearest hardware store.

RWO

Back