Burris for Rimfire BR

E

Escbowhunt

Has any of you ever used a Burris 6X 42 Fullfield II for 7.5 lb sporter class?
It seems by just doing the reading Burris can install a Fine Plex reticle and even target knobs. It does not have an AO but if the parrelex was set at 50 yards would be good for 7.5lb sporter? The thing that got me looking at this is the weight 12.8 oz ! This sounds good, Any Thoughts?

Theron

scope

Hi, Just bought a 54:18 with one on it. It had a Stith sporter BR stock and talley rings. The rig weighed in at 7 pounds 3 oz. BTW, I am selling that scope and stock in the classifieds. I am looking to build a 10.5# Thanks Dave

That looks like a good deal, but not the scope in question the one I am talking about has a 42mm obj and I think 1oz lighter.

I bought

a Burris 6X24X with target knobs, fine plex reticle and found out the parrallax adjustment is supposed to go as low as 50 yards, but mine really only goes to about 65 yards. It has been back to Burris twice. It comes back stating recentered reticle and checked parrallax @ 100 yards. Everything correct. The service manager assured me it would go to 40 yards. But 65 is as close as I can get it. I love the sharpness, 1/8" clicks, the fine reticle, but over $500 bucks and can't use it for 50 yard rimfire even after 2 trips back to the factory. A scope needs adjustment to both sides of the required distance as the parrallax adjustment needed will change with temperature. At 50o in the shade the adjustment will or may be different than 90o in the sun. Even the service manager agreed that parrallax is temperature sensitive. I have called several independent scope shops and no one will try to adjust my scope. So I guess I have another scope for one of my prairidedog rifles. Still looking for a suitable scope to go from 6 to 24 so I can shoot my sporter in straight sporter class and unlimited class. If anyone can help me please email me. Max

And thats not good? I may stay away from this idea. I did like the weight factor for a 42mm scope.

Back