bullets

M

maxguerz

Hello,I have a question about bullets making,the pressur ring is formed in the core seater die or pointing die?
Thanks

Hello,I have a question about bullets making,the pressur ring is formed in the core seater die or pointing die?
Thanks

In the Point die. The ring isn't created by the die though. It's created by the lack of support from the typical flat base punch.

In the Point die. The ring isn't created by the die though. It's created by the lack of support from the typical flat base punch.

My suspicions confirmed. The "pressure ring" of a FB bullet is an abortion that has been turned into a feature by the bullet makers marketing cartel!!

And that IS how bullets are made with or without a pressure ring, Contrary to the claims made in another post by another bullet maker that HE has developed a way to produce bullets without a pressure ring. All I can say is buyer beware there is a lot of untruths being told.. Edit actually claims are made on website but I and someone else asked for an explanation on process, which of course has went unanswered...

Last edited:
Max guers

Let me use your topic to ask a question, as is related to making bullets.

If you intend make, say, 30 calibers bullets, with weight from 115 to 185 grains ( as exemple), you need another set of dies?

Will be the core seating and point up die be the same?

I bought used a Blackmon 30 caliber die, who previous owner made some 120 to 170 grains bullets( a120 grains with longer than normal jackets) 1.150" if I remember corrrectly)
I tried to make some bullets with Berger 1" jackets. What I noticed is that the effort needed to make the ogive is a lot more ( believe 3 times more than with 224 bullets) and the bullet ogive section is dull compared with the bearing surface secction.

Is this normal, or the die is worn ou? Will a very fine abrasive help? If so, what is the right way to do?

Believe thi s question Mr G. Ulrich may help..:D

Liseo, Weight would be dictated by cavity depth so you may or may not need different dies. I max out the depth on 30's so longest jacket may be used. As for dies you have I would not recommend polishing let Mr. Blackman check and address any issues if there are any. As for force, steel dies and 30 cal. wouldn't be on my list of pleasurable experience's 22's work fine 30's are past my pain level.. hope this helps you have my email if any questions.....George

listen to George he knows what he's talking about.
I have 2 sets of dies to make 30 caliber bullets, One is a 7.5 ogive the other an 8 ogive.
Both sets are made with cavities that allow bullets up to 165 grs to be made.
I have different pointing punches { lengths} to make bullets from 110 to 165 grs.
Mine are carbide and do a fantastic job of making bullets.

Liseo, Weight would be dictated by cavity depth so you may or may not need different dies. I max out the depth on 30's so longest jacket may be used. As for dies you have I would not recommend polishing let Mr. Blackman check and address any issues if there are any. As for force, steel dies and 30 cal. wouldn't be on my list of pleasurable experience's 22's work fine 30's are past my pain level.. hope this helps you have my email if any questions.....George

no have your mail

Back