Bullet makers..

J

J Conley

I’m going to set my presses at an angle and would like some opinions on what that angle should be.
Thanks.. Jon Conley

Ronnie,
I was under the impression it was fairly common, and aided the process of pulling the handle.
Thoughts?

angled presses

A friend of mine uses a corbin press than is on an angle but I have a hard time with it. I find straight up and down is more convient for me. I think its just what you get use to.

Press Mounting

A vertical mounting works well for 6's and 22's, and works well with a longer press handle for 30's.

Ron: Try putting an angle on your handle. Charlie Hood did one for me a few years ago and it works like a champ! The one draw back is the press does not pack up into as small a space as it once did. But it solve the problem of elbow strain and leverage.

Jim

if you could, explain a little more about the angle that is on your handle. Even better, post a picture, this has peaked my interest. Anything to make things easier, you know. Bro. D

bullet making

Don,t point up 200 bullets (112gr, 30cal) without stopping, your arm and hand will let you know the next day.
John

Back