Bucket List

Jackie, preloading while watching TV? Watching what is on TV today is why I shoot, to get another way to entertain myself since I can't really see well enough anymore to read books I used to like Jack Higgins, Robert Ludlum and those guys. I got a new Jack Higgins book for my birthday and cab only stay focused on the lines for 2-3 pages at a time.

Jerry,

As for your reading problem, get yourself a Nook or a Kindle...they are the best thing since bottled Bourbon. A bazillion books at your fingertips, you can adjust the font size, backlighting, etc. to suit your eyes, and you get to hold something in your hands, just like a book, which is a big thing to us older types. Love mine.

Jackie and the rest of you speed boat guys,

You're all nuts. You do 150 mph, on the water, and 150 effectively turns water into concrete. So something goes bad-wrong, your boat cracks up, and there you are...skipping across the concrete...breaking every bone in your body until you slow down enough to where the concrete turns back into water...and then you drown. No thank you. My bass boat will push 80, and it scares hell out of me. I can't imagine going that fast on the water.

Steelhead1,

The Mustang in the first pic is a B/C model. There aren't a whole lot of them left flying.

You ever been to "Zebra 12 Police Supply" in Nampa/Caldwell?

Hunter,

How do you do multiple quotes like you have in your above post?

Justin

Thinking on what Jackie said, have we gotten to complicated, too time demanding and too expensive on the registered side of the house?

Yes

Not too complicated and not too time demanding - but way too expensive. I don't have any suggestions either. If the match were free, which is the only way to cut the cost, it would still be too expensive to have a big crowd. Remember how we used to argue about whether to limit a match or not...well...that argument became one of no concern.

Last edited:
Zebra 13, yes I have been to Zebra 12, several times, but I think he closed up shop now! About 2 years ago he moved, and shortly thereafter I think he closed his buisness. He used to have a smiththat worked on AR's shawn helped me out a couple of times, but I even lost track of him.
My bucket list is to ride in one of those bombers! Maybe this yeR.

Jerry,

As for your reading problem, get yourself a Nook or a Kindle...they are the best thing since bottled Bourbon. A bazillion books at your fingertips, you can adjust the font size, backlighting, etc. to suit your eyes, and you get to hold something in your hands, just like a book, which is a big thing to us older types. Love mine.

My eye issue is not solved by computer. I have a Nook and the little Nook, whatever it is called. I have 3 active laptop computers with the Kindle feature, two active desktop computers with Kindle, and two iPads with Kindle. My Kindle cloud looks like a thunderstorm.

My problem is tracking. My left eye was 200/20 corrected and my right eye was 80/20 corrected in 1970.Some of my right eye is normal, some of it is gone to scar tissue in the back....good camera, bad film I was told at Duke University Eye Center. Histoplasmosis syndrome.

Jackie and the rest of you speed boat guys,

You're all nuts. You do 150 mph, on the water, and 150 effectively turns water into concrete. So something goes bad-wrong, your boat cracks up, and there you are...skipping across the concrete...breaking every bone in your body until you slow down enough to where the concrete turns back into water...and then you drown. No thank you. My bass boat will push 80, and it scares hell out of me. I can't imagine going that fast on the water.

AFTER I had the eye damage I used to ride motorcycle enduros. That is kind of like motorcross in the woods. Some straights we would be running topped out, 80 mph! Trees are wood, not concrete. Still hurts.

The bass boat I have now will only do 45 on the GPS. Fast enough. I once had a modified Skeeter that did 83 in the clocks. Talk about chine-walk. We only had single cable steering in those days, mid '80's.

Zebra 13, yes I have been to Zebra 12, several times, but I think he closed up shop now! About 2 years ago he moved, and shortly thereafter I think he closed his buisness. He used to have a smiththat worked on AR's shawn helped me out a couple of times, but I even lost track of him.
My bucket list is to ride in one of those bombers! Maybe this yeR.

Steelhead1,

He is supposed to be at 431 Caldwell Ave. Frank (Zebra 12) and I (Zebra 13) go back a ways. Zebra units were the terror of gang bangers and tweakers here on the central coast in the mid to late 90's. Our unit was tight, and man did we have fun. If you're ever in there again and bump into Frank, tell him Zebra 13 says "hi".

My eye issue is not solved by computer. I have a Nook and the little Nook, whatever it is called. I have 3 active laptop computers with the Kindle feature, two active desktop computers with Kindle, and two iPads with Kindle. My Kindle cloud looks like a thunderstorm.

My problem is tracking. My left eye was 200/20 corrected and my right eye was 80/20 corrected in 1970.Some of my right eye is normal, some of it is gone to scar tissue in the back....good camera, bad film I was told at Duke University Eye Center. Histoplasmosis syndrome.

AFTER I had the eye damage I used to ride motorcycle enduros. That is kind of like motorcross in the woods. Some straights we would be running topped out, 80 mph! Trees are wood, not concrete. Still hurts.

The bass boat I have now will only do 45 on the GPS. Fast enough. I once had a modified Skeeter that did 83 in the clocks. Talk about chine-walk. We only had single cable steering in those days, mid '80's.

Jerry,

Sorry to hear about the eye situation...I can't imagine not being able to enjoy a good book. It's one of life's pleasures.

And as for bass boats, they do get your attention when they start chine walking when you're doing about 70!

Click the "Reply With Quote" button on the post to which you want to respond and type your response in the box that opens;
Copy all of what's in that box (including the quoted part);
Go the the next post to which you to want to respond and repeat step 1;
Paste your copied stuff into the box that's open (you can position the copied portion above or below the current quote on which you're working).

Repeat as often as you want by repeating step 2 - 4.

Hunter,

I did it! Thanks.

Justin

Back