Bucket List

Hunter

Chasin' the Sunset
If money, time and hassle were not a factor, what would be the top two things on your "bucket list"?

For me, I think visiting Saipan and Tinian would be # 1; driving to and sight-seeing around Alaska would be # 2.

As far as earthly possessions go.......

1)A cottage on the beach
2)and about 1000 acres to build the best range for all of us to have the best match 4 or 5 times a year.

........ Sorry........... And a good lookin' woman ;)
......... So maybe that takes out 1 and 2 ?

Last edited:
200 Yard covered/indoor range

20 Acres with Cabin fenced area with Plenty of Rabbits to keep the Dogs Happy

Jim

World peace and diverse, sustainable ecosystems.

Uh, what was the question, again???;)

How Times and Value Change

Strange you ask, Wilbur: I saw one the other day at St. Clair, Michigan airport for sale. The guy will take $4,000,000.00 for it and some parts. It looks perfect to me.
Our neighbor has an ultralight that he keeps at that airport and we went up in the ultralight that evening. My heart was in the Mustang.

Tom Delaney, from Atlanta, comes on here from time to time as Bro. D and he takes world class photos. He had a number of beauties of planes, including P-51s on these very pages. You might do a search here for him and check out his work.

P-52s were available after WWII and Korea for about $50,000. Just inflation from about 1954 to today on 50K would make that worth about 444K.

To yours I would add...

My Bucket List

1. Own and fly a P-51D Mustang.

2. Own and fly a P-51D Mustang.

Justin

a Spitfire, Hellcat and a Corsair. Perhaps a P-38 also. Maybe more! There is a repro Fokker Tri Wing at the Owls Head Transportation Museum here in Maine. I used to watch one of the Cianchette's fly it in mock aerial flights against other WW I craft they have. That Fokker could do the most astounding things in the air...almost turn on a dime. Was fascinating to watch.

Last edited:
To be president and do the things Donald Trump says he'll do.
2. Have Wilbur win a couple of million in Las Vegas ('cause I know he'll let me have a little of it.

HFV

What's a P-51D Mustang in perfect condition cost?

Wilbur,

This is about the average price for a nice one.

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...STANG/NORTH-AMERICAN-P-51-MUSTANG/1385993.htm

I've been up in a Mustang...absolutely incredible machine. If I could go up in a Corsair and a P-38 Lightning, my life would be complete.

After the arrival of the jet fighter, Mustangs were sold for $750 and/or given to smaller countries.

The only more beautiful sound than that of a passing Mustang is the sound of Michael Moore being attacked by wolves...

Justin

Wilbur,

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...STANG/NORTH-AMERICAN-P-51-MUSTANG/1385993.htm

I've been up in a Mustang...absolutely incredible machine. If I could go up in a Corsair and a P-38 Lightning, my life would be complete.

After the arrival of the jet fighter, Mustangs were sold for $750 and/or given to smaller countries.

The only more beautiful sound than that of a passing Mustang is the sound of Michael Moore being attacked by wolves...

Justin

I don't think a self respecting Wolf would touch that Skunk !

Something like this....

13.jpg

Maybe an Sonny's 903 CID on 4-stages. It would probably be just enough to rid me of the drag racing bug.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Wilbur,

Justin

What a nasty thing to do to wolves...

Oh that big merlin engine sounds so good!

A few years ago, I'm sitting on the rocks fishing on lake Michigan, and I hear this sound coming. I had not yet seen the aircraft but knew it could not be mistaken for anything else, and suddenly, about several hundred feet off the waters surface comes a '51-!. He must have had clearance to be that low. It was a sound and sight to be remembered.

Back