Buck Creek results

Jackie Stogsdil

Danny Hensley was the big winner today winning first at 200,300 and the grand. The weather was just down right nasty with a cold northern wind blowing right from the start and lasting all day. I appreciate all that made it a good year at Buck Creek and hope to see you next year. Jackie

200yd

1. Danny Hensley 250-10
2. Jackie Stogsdill 249-10
3. Jim Campbell 249-9

300yd

1. Danny Hensley 248-3
2. Jim Campbell 246-4
3. Jackie Stogsdill 245-6

Grand

1. Danny Hensley 498-13
2. Jim Campbell 495-13
3. Jackie Stogsdill 494-16

I forgot to mention that Danny was shooting his LV 30 stubby. He has been working with this chamber for the last few shoots, looks like he has it figured out. Jackie

DaveM

The 30 stubby (that's what Danny calls it) is a standard br case shortened .080. He also shoots one that is .080 longer than standard. Jackie

Danny,

Do you shoot the Stubby at both distances?
What flavor, and how much powder do you put in the Stubby?

Adrian

Hey Adrian

This has been a work in progress since last spring, with not much time to shoot this year it has taken longer to wring it out than I would have liked.
After trying all powders I could lay hands on including Tubal 2000 the winner is Viht. 120 @ 31 grs. and a 115 gr. 7 ogive bullet. Yea I shoot it at all distances.
The purpose in this cartridge was A 10.5 lb. gun with less recoil, it is a resounding success, accuracy with less recoil in a .30 caliber.

I may bring it to the Rock this winter, see ya there

Danny Hensley

Back