Brownell's Gun Kote or Teflon/Moly spray bake-on finishes

dennisinaz

Have any of you tried both of these finishes? Looking for a reason to choose one over another. I have used the Moly/Teflon bake on finish on one rifle but the can got clogged up before I could use it a second time. This will be mostly for painting SS barrels after grit blasting them.

Thanks

I've used both. I prefer the teflon/moly. I had some chipping issues with the gun kote. Both apply and finish well, but the teflon/moly seems more durable. I had the same clogging problem with the teflon moly, but the can sat on the shelf after the
1st use for more than 2 years. My guess is it has a shelf life.

Can clogging

Did you turn the can upside down and spray until the nozzle was clear after you used it? - nhk

Yes, it is the pickup tube that is clogged. I notice that Brownells now SELLS an extra nozzle that is supposed to fix this problem. The problem that I have is obviously endemic to this high-build sprayand should have been addressed from the start. They should INCLUDE the special nozzle with the can of spray instead of charging $4 for one...

$20 for can of spray that lasts ONE application is a little steep. Maybe I will have to get an airbrush and buy the liquid. I have never airbrushed before but it can't be much harder than using a rattle can??

Yes, it is the pickup tube that is clogged. I notice that Brownells now SELLS an extra nozzle that is supposed to fix this problem. The problem that I have is obviously endemic to this high-build sprayand should have been addressed from the start. They should INCLUDE the special nozzle with the can of spray instead of charging $4 for one...

$20 for can of spray that lasts ONE application is a little steep. Maybe I will have to get an airbrush and buy the liquid. I have never airbrushed before but it can't be much harder than using a rattle can??

Good to know. - nhk

Back