Brian J. Albee Has Passed Away

pikedrop

It is with a saddened heart that I have learned of Brian Albee's passing on March 17, 2016. Brian and his wife Helen demonstrated what team work was all about at the benchrest matches in our area. Helen helped Brian in every way imaginable - loading, transportation, setting up, the bench work. Brian studied the flags and pulled the trigger. Helen would eject the brass and load another round for Brian. Watching them work together was amazing. And Brian (and Helen) were always at the top or darn near at the top at every match! They were a force to be reckoned with!

A memorial service will take place at the Midland Reformed Church on Tuesday, March 22 at 11 a.m. with Pastor Michael De Ruyter officiating. Friends may visit with the family at the Smith-Miner Funeral Home on Monday, March 21 from 4-7 p.m., and at the church on Tuesday, from 10 a.m. until the service.
On Line condolences can be left at smithminer.com. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ou...pid=178098257&fhid=12907#sthash.wBAAkQHy.dpuf

Rest in peace Brian.

We are truly diminished.

Matt

Brian and Helen shot very well and I was amazed at their tenacious attitude. It's not every day we see that kind of thing happening before our very eyes.

Chin up Helen!

I will miss Brian.
Brian would start crying as soon as he got to the range and found what bench he had. This is when Brian was healthy. Brian would cry about his rifle. He'd cry that it just wasn't set up right. He'd cry about his loads, his scope, his bullets, he'd cry all the way up to the winner's circle to receive his winner's cash prize.
Brian was a genuine good guy. Brian will be missed by me and a whole lot of people.

Francis, you said that exactly right.

As Brian's disease progressed and it became apparent that he would need help to shoot, we took to reserving the bench on the far right end of the range for him. He was a RH shooter and Helen could stand beside him and load without bothering anybody. I'm sure there's something in a rule book about that but... we did the right thing. Brian only had use of his right hand but he had a front rest that he could adjust with just one hand. He could point it and he could shot it very well.

I don't have any records but I think it's safe to say that, during the period of his illness, Brian probably won more matches that anyone but Hutch and there weren't no gimmes at Harrison. Brian shot a 30 BR in the score matches and I have no idea how he handled the recoil. 30 BR's come back at you.

We won't see another real soon. Helen, you are an angel.

Dick

It was tough to watch Brian go through what he did. He went down shooting and winning right to the end. My hat is off to Helen for helping him out all those years. He was a true competitor till the very end.
John VM

Back