Brady Knight has Passed away

I only had the pleasure of meeting him one time, at the IBS Score Nationals in Dublin, Ga. where we shot next to each other. I was shooting in both Hunter and Varmint classes and during practice he said: "You know, I've never looked through one of those 6 power target scopes. Mind if I take a look?" I got the gun set up for him and he sat there for a long time, finally looked up at me, laughed and said: "You guys are a bunch of nuts!" :D He seemingly asked everyone that walked by: "Have you ever looked through one of these crazy scopes!?" He kept me smiling all weekend long.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Brady finally got tired of singin' this himself. I think he swapped over to "The Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" so he could get some help.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6A3C098C79F5E2D7E0ED6A3C098C79F5E&FORM=VRDGAR
There is only one person I think of when I hear "In the Pines" and that's Brady. Even have it on my phone, but it's Bill Monroe's version that I have. I only went to Rachel's Glen once, but Brady acting as range officer was definitely a hit with me. I'll always remember my trip there as the epitome of Southern hospitality.

Of all the characters we have (and have had) in Benchrest, Brady was the biggest. His humor was eclipsed only by his generosity and complete openness. Other than a few Yankees and politicians, there was almost no one that Brady wouldn't take into his inner circle, treating them just like family. In this Facebook age too many people confuse the words friend and acquaintance; Brady Knight made FRIENDS.

I was lucky to have met Brady when I first started out in Benchrest; one of his Greenville matches was my first registered match. Like he did everyone, he took me in like I'd been around forever. To me, he will always exemplify the spirit of our Benchrest "family".

His achievements and accomplishments, both within and outside of Benchrest, are far too many to list. I'm sure he felt his number one achievement was the great host of friends he earned over the years, but even he couldn't have known how large that number truly is.

Brady loved to gamble, and was a shrewd wagerer; but in his life, he was truly "ALL IN".

Rest in peace, my FRIEND. I love you, man.

by Jim Andress

Jim Andress expressed what I feel and can't find the words to express these feeling. He friended me, fed me, shared his drinks with me and kept me laughing.
Prayers for Diane and the family.

One of Brady's traditions that I've brought back north with me has been and will continue to be his range commands. As the target crew would get back to the line he'd announce, "We're fixin' to shoot now."

And then he would start singing "In The Pines". Yes we are going to miss Brady.

Mickey and Brady often acted like they were trying out for an episode of Grumpy Old Men. I was helping Brady put up the moving backer at Rachel's Glen one year and we saw Mickey coming on his tractor. Brady moaned, "Oh no, here comes Mickey and nothing that we have done is right". Sure enough, Mickey wanted it different and the argument ensued and ended with Brady quitting and going home. Billy Stevens told me to not worry about Brady leaving......everything is normal. Brady returned before sundown and he and Mickey proceeded to run the match that weekend. I know that both Mickey and Brady were the best of friends and like the grumpy old men in the movie, they always reconciled their differences. I miss them both. James Mock

Getting to be where I'm hesitant to wanna' check in here anymore being afraid to see this kind of news...Sad indeed, I hadn't seen Brady for a few years in my absence. What a "Character". He will surely be missed. I pray you and your family Brady.

Pat Hurley

Brady's Favorite

Brady finally got tired of singin' this himself. I think he swapped over to "The Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" so he could get some help.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6A3C098C79F5E2D7E0ED6A3C098C79F5E&FORM=VRDGAR

Just heard about Brady,, from a friend that never met him, but knew how much I thought of him. He sent me a text,,just saying "In the Pines,, In the Pines"He will be missed by many.
I will surely miss Brady. I first met Brady at Kettlefoot, Bristol Va. He ordered his first custom BR rifle , from James Messer @ that match. He and Jim Sentell treated me as a long time friend, but I had never met either until then. Brady Knight ,, in your own words " I LOVE YOU MAN!!" Now you can walk In The Pines w/Jesus Christ
God Bless Dianne , Family, and the pups that Brady so loved

Dont forget "yall better be glad i aint shootin!" Everytime the wind would die off between relays. And "my grand daughter could shoot this!!"

Psalm 51:17King James Version (KJV)

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Prayers for the Knight family. Brady will most certainly be missed. I know he's up there with Papaw and Jerry having a big time. Farewell our friend.

Pretty sure he took all his shooting gear, including his rail and a keg of powder, cause it took ten of us to carry that pine box.

Pics

Couple pics remembering Brady 1st Brady cooking his famous low country boil, w/Jim Giglio far right. I forgot the name of gent in center.. 2nd Brady on firing line @ Unaka/ Johnson City

Attachments

• Brady 2 001.jpg
    Brady 2 001.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Brady 001.jpg
    Brady 001.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
James...I don't know that Brady and Mickey were friends at all. I'll never know without asking and I tried to determine that for many years. I do know that whatever it was, it was a respectful relationship at the least. I'll ask Diane when I check on her....she'll know and won't care to tell me.

I am very sorry to hear of Brady's passing. Although I did not know him well, I seem to recall him most clearly riding in his golf cart at the Shamrock with a big smile. Always a big smile.

Jeff

Back