bore tech rimfire blend

do you like the round patches or the square ones best from por shot? they look great. i'll be ordering some this week for sure.

Depends on the Rod & Jag

If I use a 17 cal jag, I like 1 1/2" Square, If I use a 20 cal jag, I like the 1 1/4" patch. If I'm using a 22 cal jag, I use 1" Square patch.

great!! you guys are a big help to us rookies you know. you fuss alot at times but you are helpful. if we could just stop all the bickering this sight would really be great. the bickering turns new shooters off alot you know.

I use the VFG pellets from Brownells, in fact Denny Phillips made me a rod with a female 8-36 thread to accept the pellet adapter. I never hear too much about the VFG's here, good or bad, but to me they just make more sense than a patch. They're fat, they're thick, they're more absorbant and they're round, all the things that a patch is not. I run one wet with Bore Tech RF Blend and two dry, the bore is clean. Thanks, Douglas

Old Thread I Know but its what I came accross....

I heard the squeal last year out to Salem listening to Pete Roberson clean his rifle. I cringed at it but he shot real well & continued to do so throughout the season.
Pete, were you using the Bore Tech Rimfire Blend?
I've been using a mixture of Mystery oil & Hoppe's since I started & have been wondering if I'm leaving something on the table by not having tried BTRB.

Keith

Yes Keith

I heard the squeal last year out to Salem listening to Pete Roberson clean his rifle. I cringed at it but he shot real well & continued to do so throughout the season.
Pete, were you using the Bore Tech Rimfire Blend?
I've been using a mixture of Mystery oil & Hoppe's since I started & have been wondering if I'm leaving something on the table by not having tried BTRB.

Keith

Yes that's all I use, it works for me with the 1 1/8th inch Proshot patches.

Back