Bore Solvent

Lead Remover

I don't think you can buy a chemical that will dissolve lead and remove lead. You have to remove it mechanically with a brush.

Wipe Out

Contact Charlie Scott and get you some No-Lead. Takes awhile, but it will remove Lead.
913-963-1557

Everyone

that has been in this game awhile has there favorite solvent that works for them, mine is Ballistol.

Fiddler
Do you use a brush with Ballistol ? I have a friend that uses it and says it works great.
Fred K

Other shooting disciplines that use lead bullets use Turpentine to remove the lead. A tight patch with turpentine will physically grab the lead and drag it out of your barrel with the patch. You'll be able to see the lead on the patch. Turpentine won't handle fouling very well so use Bore Tech Rimfire Blend to finish up your barrel cleaning.
Dale McClure

Fred

Yes I do, usually 3 wets and let sit 5 min, 1 dry and then 6 passes with a bronze brush and then dry patch till your happy (3 or 4 ). Seems to be working great, tubes come out squeeky clean. I believe this stuff was first deveolped for Black Powder shooters.

TKS Fiddler
It is sold out of NC. As you well know it is a German product. I have some but have not made up my mine about it yet.

Fred K

Thanks for all the info, my father and I have been wondering because we have recently bought a few used target rifles and they are dirty. We have been a little afraid to take a brush to them because we dont want to take a chance of messing up the riflelings. Thanks again

Get a good fitting bore guide and a good rod before you start. If you can find a bore scope you will learn a lot about what works best. I use Bore Tech (2 wet 1 dry) if you need more, a lose fitting brush with Bore Tech, working on the first 6". Try to keep the number of passes down the barrel to a minimal.

Last edited:
Fred: I use it in my rifle and it seems to do a good job. I am intrigued by turpintine. i think I will get a small can and try it on one of my other rifles. garrisone.

Back