Bore cleaning solvents

There are a few but day in day out Rimfire Blend is tough to beat. Use it with a quality BR brush, a good rod, and a proper bore guide.

Tim has it nailed. Rimfire Blend can be improved tho if you wish.

1/2 Rimfire Blend, 15/32 Marvel Mystery Oil, 1/32 Kroil makes an excellent .22 rf bore solvent. I don't measure, just dump em in the bottle I carry when it is time to replenish. Shake well before use as it separates. The aroma is acceptable at least to my nose. bob

Patch Out

I bought some Patch Out to try a couple of years ago and find it works the very best in everything. It appears to be a detergent with citric acid in it but it is fast and effective. The instructions say it doesn't need to be brushed but I do brush it and it doesn't eat brushes!

Sharp Shooters Supply or on sale @ Midway right now.

Pete

I stumbled across something at the last match because I'd left my Hoppe's/mystery oil solution home on the bench. All I had was lighter fluid so used it. What I noticed was that when going down the barrel I was getting more resistance. Not significant but there. Also I noticed the 1st patch was completely black, the rest little to nothing.
In doing a quick search it is mostly something called Naphtha which evidently is used to dilute crude oil. It may also be used in some paint strippers? And of course our triggers.
Time will tell but I saw no loss in accuracy using it.

Keith

Cleaning solvents

I have been using a 50/50 mixture of Shooter's Choice MC7 and Kroil for several years with satisfactory results. Every shooter has their own favorites and formulas. Try several and find the one that meets your expectations. Good luck!

Montana rimfire blend is another good one, Guys need to realize lots of CF solvents are not particularly great at dealing with RF waxy lube.
Have some FLUNA bore cleaning paste on order with is co labeled/recommended by Anschutz as an effective barrel maintenance product.

Back