Bolt Grease

C

cpeters

What kind of bolt grease do you use?

I had a couple of syringes from Kelblys that are about used up and need to get something else ideally in a syringe. The Kelblys grease is so stiff you can hardly push it out of the syringe. Want to try somehing else.

I know some guys that use the STOS lubricant.

What grease do you use?

Charlie

bolt grease

Charlie,
I have shooters choice high tech,and TM ultra bolt grease,but find that white lithium works as well or better.Hope that helps.
Ted

I've been using Tetra Grease for years for all of my greasing needs, and love it! It's easy to apply and will last until you remove it.

Dave Shattuck

Been using Mobil 1 synthetic grease in rimfire and centerfire BR guns for years with no galling. I also use it on any other bolt gun and Garands too. Works good on AR bolts too.
Most auto parts supply has it in the tube for automotive grease guns. One tube will last many years.
Dale

grease

my neighbor a long time competitive shooter uses lithumum from orieleys.'

bob

+1 on the Tetra gun grease. I rub it well into the part and it's slicker than owl snot. Makes even a rattle trap .22 run like new.

... it's slicker than owl snot.....
Dang, I hate people with more extensive experience than me! How did you get to be a owl carer anyway? :eek:

I got a tin of high temperature lithium grease with moly years ago & use it for about any lubing purpose. I have a capped 5 cc syringe of it in all my gun cases so I'll know it's always handy.

bolt grease

Charlie if you are at pioneer sunday I will have the best bolt grease with me.

bolt lub

Clean with lighter fluid and use trewax on the outside. The wax melting point is about 179 deg. Dirt does not stick to bolt. It will polish up nicely and move freely. Put lighter fluid on between matches and after. Try it you will like it
boer

I like the Pro Shot Pro Gold grease. I buy it in a jar and use it in a serenge. It tends to stay where you put it and it's a great lubricant too. Lots of stuff out there that works. You just need to find what you like. Good is good, no matter what brand.

Back