Boing Test

To HovisKM..

You suggested, have the muzzle recessed until you move the node to the crown.
You can more properly machine, inspect, and clean the crown if you thread the barrel and install a sleeve. Clamping instead of threading is an option. This also allows better control of weight and length by using a sleeve. I and others have done this but I'm not sure any of us obtained good results. Could it have been because it's not really desirable to have the muzzle and node at the same point?

I agree that the Sporter is not a sporter. Want to make it a "sporter" class? Factory produced rifles only!! I have never seen a "Turbo" factory rifle sitting on the rack at any gun store I have ever been to. Just my .02 cents worth.:D

I don't even do sporter so really don't care. But factory produced and gun store sold are two different things. I think Flash Ebert could classify his business as a factory. Albeit a small one but a factory nonetheless.

not trying to argue

but beau ,it works exactly like hovis said it will.but when you just cut off the end flush you are shortening the barrel so the node moves back as you cut it back , but by having a recess you are not shortening the barrel so the node will stay put for the most part. it should be said more like drill the crown back to the dead spot .that is how i got the dead spot to the crown on my weak middle barrel testing.it just wasnt to the point of staying in tune for long when the dead spot was at the crown,and the 2 loads had not completly converged yet either. when the end of the recess was chopped off a little at a time the convergance of 2 loads happened when the dead spot was about 2.25 inches behind the crown.hope this helps tim in tx

Back