blending n133 and n140 to get performance of n135?

lpreddick

my supply of n135 is LOW and it is very hard to find. i have a lot of n133 and n140. i recall reading SOMEWHERE? that some were blending the above to get n 135 performance. i really do not like the idea but if it has been done and is safe, i'll see if this combo works until i can find real n135. thanks.

I wouldn't mix them but have a good time.
Pete Forras was fired by Western Powders because he was mixing Western Powders while working out loads and working for Western Powders. The fact that the .308 he was testing blew up may have had something to do with that.

my supply of n135 is LOW and it is very hard to find. i have a lot of n133 and n140. i recall reading SOMEWHERE? that some were blending the above to get n 135 performance. i really do not like the idea but if it has been done and is safe, i'll see if this combo works until i can find real n135. thanks.

DON'T MIX POWDERS! PERIOD. If some folks jumped off a cliff, following them isn't such a good idea. :)

no worries now. i found 5.5# of an 8#jug, production date 2001 and i'm the fourth owner. it smells right and looks right, so it should work. thanks for the advice.

There was an old thread on here about mixing powders. I can't find it now. Some do or did blend
Some guys blend 8208xbr and H322. I have tried it nothing magic about it. Didn't shoot any better than either one by themselves

Someone on here said the rule was. Thou shalt not blend any powder that is to fast for the cartridge fired in.
Makes a lot of sense. If you don't break that rule you're not going to get hurt or damage anything

Back