Bill Calfee to Jody Reed - Congratulations

Beau

As most of you know Bill Calfee no longer chooses to post on this forum; however, on occasion, I do. So, Bill has asked that I convey his congratulations here to Jody Reed for his very special and dominating win in the ARA Winter Indoor Nationals. Bill is excited for Jody even though he realizes Jody was using a gun built by another gunsmith.

Congratulations Jody - From Bill Calfee

Last edited:
i've heard bill calfee name posted on benchrest centrel for years. all i ever really knew was that he was a gunsmith that built custom rimfire rifles and built up a reputation for building winning rifles. i guess he is one of the most respected gun builders in our sport.

so please don't take this question in the wrong way. i'm really just curious. why is it that bill does not choose to post here? is it all the controvery that takes place. some of it bringing up his name in a "not so nice light". can't say that i'd blame him.

could you tell me if he does post on other forums? i know he wrote for precision shooting magazine (i think thats what it is called)

Congrats

Super shootin bud. Makes the Gold city crowd proud to shoot with ya. David K

Bill Calfee can be found at Rimfireaccuracy.com

Hey Jody ,

Way to go . That was some outstanding shooting. Nobody works any harder at it then you do. You earned it !!! Congratulations Pal . -CS

Jody
I enjoyed watching you shoot most of your 6 targets

When you moved to Bench 12 against the wall
I had all ready seen it humble some of the top shooters
I watched every move you made
You were as solid as a rock
No one could have handle that situation any better
Keep up the good shooting I am proud for you
Congratulations
Cliff

wow! i went to the rimfire accuracy forum for the first time. they should call it the bill calfee forum. seems like every 3rd post is by bill. there were 72 people logged in. and this was 9:30am. must be a really popular forum.

Jody

Congratulations Jody, you shot great. It might be awhile before anyone shoots an agg. as good as you did.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

It was a great tournament with some great competitors and fine fellowship. I am thankful for Dan and Dawn for having the match and for Jeff Braun for providing us the great facility to compete in along with the opportunity just to be there.

It was great to watch all the tough competition shoot some super fine scores during the different relays. Several 2450’s, 2400’s, 2350’s and 2300’s were shot all during the match and it was close all the way thru. On the third target Jessica Pappas shot a 2450 in eight minutes, wow. Wendall, David, And Truman were right there in the thick of it along with Ken and Greg battling it out to the end. Congratulations to all of you. Congratulations to the individual Target winners and to the junior shooters as well.

Now I’ve got my eyes set on those RBA rings in January.

Thanks Again.

Almost Forgot. Chan, I owe you one. Thanks buddy.

wow! i went to the rimfire accuracy forum for the first time. they should call it the bill calfee forum. seems like every 3rd post is by bill. there were 72 people logged in. and this was 9:30am. must be a really popular forum.

Geb, I believe the discrepancy between the number of viewers is due to the way the counting is done. This count given on this site is actual at the instant someone checks and the other site is for the previous hour. Both counts are accurate, just a different way of doing counting.

Beau has done a good job of setting up this new site for us rimfire shooters. It must call for a great deal of work and time. My hat is off for both Wilbur and Beau. They are furthering the sport.

Concho Bill

Jody.............................................. ...................................

Congratulations! You sure did some fine shooting in the barn. I sure miss seeing you guys, I sure hope we can all cross paths this year and I can congratulate you in person!!
Semper Fi,
Phil

David k

Please give me a call when you have time.. Thanks. Harry.

Back