Big News for BR Shooters

Eric Stecker

I have been very busy these days and have not been able to engage the forums as much as I want to and will again in the future. Some news has reached me that compels me to share it on this forum.

Long time bullet maker and outstanding shooter Jef Fowler was lost to us a few years ago. Although Jef can never be replaced his high quality bullets are not lost forever (as some of us feared). After an unsuccessful attempt by Jef's son to keep Fowler bullets going all of Jef's dies and tooling has been sold.

Bill Scheider of Beaufort, SC has spent much time going over all of this tooling and setting up his bullet making operation using Jef's legendary process. Bill and I have had many lengthy conversations. He has tested these bullets thoroughly and has been very deliberate in putting everything togther to ensure that those who have achieved success with Fowler bullets can do so again.

Many of you may know this already but please join me in officially welcoming Bill Scheider into the fellowship of precision bullet manufacturers. I am confident that those who give Bill's bullets a try will find Jef's legacy of quality will live on through Bill.

Bill Scheider
Scheider Accuracy
6088 Vaux Road
Beaufort, SC 29906
843-522-3651
wscheider@hargray.com
www.fowlerbullets.com

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Good Question

George,

Walt taught me years ago (and I strongly agree) that there are enough shooters who care about precision to keep all the bullet makers busy. I further believe that as long as there are many different bullets makers producing quality bullets it will continue to keep high and push further the level of quality.

The only folks who should be concerned about another high quality bullet maker are those manufactureres who are focused on quantity first and quality second. On the other hand, we could add 100 new custom bullet makers and we would still be a small fraction of the number of bullets produced each year.

In the end I am most interested in what is best for the shooters and I believe that Bill along wth all the other high quality bullet makers are good for the shooters and the success of the shooting sports.

On a personal note, over the 18 years I have been in this industry I had several long conversations with Jef Fowler. I considered him an honorable man and the sadness I felt at his passing was genuine. I owe it to Jef to promote this situation as I believe he would want his years of effort in making the highest quality product to continue after his passing.

Regards,
Eric

I havent shot the bullets that I bought from Bill yet, but I can say he had speedy delivery on the order I made. He is a good guy in my eyes.

Back