BIB slugs for F class

c east

This my first time trying this...

I know NOTHING...I have a 300 rem ultra Mag and a 30 " barrel...I like BIB for shorter range....I know the speed is limited on the BIB slugs...The barrel is 1 in 7" twist...please recommend a BIB weight...All I see for long range is the 187 gr but I have to slow it down. I have some 240 gr matchkings but still have the occasional flyer, I do not have with the BIBs What slug do you guys use? .Charlie

Hello Charlie,

Typically for F-class most of the top shooters that I know of are using Berger bullets. Currently the 185 gn Juggernaut and the 200 gn Hybrid are what you see in the top 10 at major matches in the USA for F/TR.

There aren't many people running. 300 Magnums of any flavor in F-open; those that are seem to gravitate towards the short mags and Berger 215 & 230 gn Hybrids.

My local gunsmith has prodded me several times about trying the 187 gn BIB bullets... Ive thought about it but generally haven't been able to get past the BC, or lack thereof. F-class is a different shooting style, where we typically can't pound out our entire record string before the condition changes. As such, BC weighs a little more heavily for us.

I do have a "backup" gun with a 30" Krieger 1-12" tw chambered with the 2013 US FTR team reamer... I might experiment a bit this winter with the BIBs if I can find some.

YMMV,

Monte

Last edited:
Hello Charlie,

Typically for F-class most of the top shooters that I know of are using Berger bullets. Currently the 185 gn Juggernaut and the 200 gn Hybrid are what you see in the top 10 at major matches in the USA for F/TR.

There aren't many people running. 300 Magnums of any flavor in F-open; those that are seem to gravitate towards the short mags and Berger 215 & 230 gn Hybrids.

My local gunsmith has prodded me several times about trying the 187 gn BIB bullets... Ive thought about it but generally haven't been able to get past the BC, or lack thereof. F-class is a different shooting style, where we typically can't pound out our entire record string before the condition changes. As such, BC weighs a little more heavily for us.

I do have a "backup" gun with a 30" Krieger 1-12" tw chambered with the 2013 US FTR team reamer... I might experiment a bit this winter with the BIBs if I can find some.

YMMV,

Monte

Time to head to Capitan nm and ask lots of questions and look around alot....Thanks Charlie

Hard to get there before 10 as will be with a woman that might not want to start 5:30 AM...does a match last an hour ? 2 hours? usually....It is labor day....Charlie

Charlie,
We should not be done before 1100-1130 perhaps a bit later. When we do we will retire to the Smokey Bear restaurant for lunch.
Larry

Back